We are working directly with the Hiring Manager of a prestigious Retail organization located in Carlstadt, NJ. They are seeking an Information Security Analyst for a long term contract position.
We can work with you as a W2 hourly or through your own corporation.
Job Title: Information Security Analyst
Location: Northern New Jersey
Overview of the Role:
- The Information Security Analyst will be responsible for analyzing events, conducting vulnerability assessments, identifying threats, reporting security findings and recommending corrective actions for the relevant operational teams.
- The analyst will be granted access to industry leading security tools and among other Infosec members will be responsible for the administration and maintenance.
- The ideal candidate must be able to work independently and have solid project management skills.
- Review and analyze alerts and logs from Firewalls (FW), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Antivirus (AV), and other security threat and vulnerability data sources
- Support the overall Vulnerability Management program by analyzing and/or escalating security events
- Identify and resolves false positive findings in assessment results
- Generate reports on assessment findings and help guide and track remediation tasks
- Assist with formulation and distribution of security metrics that demonstrate assessment coverage and remediation effectiveness
- Ensure compliance with all applicable configuration standards
- Technical expertise in system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques, network and web-related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, TLS etc.)
- Technical expertise in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
- 3-5 years hands-on experience with SIEM, vulnerability scanners and web application testing tools
- Strong understanding of Data Security and Regulatory Standards including Payment Card Industry (PCI), Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF).
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to understand business needs and commitment to delivering high-quality, prompt, and efficient service to the business
Typical Education and Experience:
- BS in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field
- 3-5 years of past experience in information security, especially in an analyst role on a Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC) or a Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Industry Certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH are considered a plus
All offers of employment at TechLink, Inc. are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check. Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.
Background checks will include: Social Security Verification, Prior Employment Verification, Professional References, Educational Verification, Criminal History, Motor Vehicle Records and e-verify.