To effectively manage Cybersecurity risk to the Office, the contractor will assist the OFR in refining and implementing the processes and methodologies to assess internal and external/third-party systems, and provide an accurate accounting and tracking for shortcomings and weaknesses. The weaknesses will be tracked, monitored and reported in Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms). Findings discovered through risk assessments, Security Controls Assessments (SCA) and continuous monitoring activities will be collected, analyzed and used to provide continuous reporting and support informed, risk-based decision making
In addition to the personnel required to directly perform the subtasks listed in this section, the Contractor may provide Subtask support. Each Subtask support will provide effective implementation of their assigned subtask. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Serving as the principal liaison between the OFR and supporting personnel for the specific subtask area (e.g., Security Controls Assessors, ISSOs, Continuous Monitoring);
• Ensuring OFR goals are communicated to the task area supporting personnel;
• Providing guidance, support, and supervision to the subtask area supporting personnel;
• Ensuring supporting personnel are properly prioritizing tasks and responsibilities;
• Ensuring proper allocation of tasks among supporting personnel, as applicable;
• Ensuring proper scheduling of tasks among supporting personnel, as applicable;
• Providing the final quality verification/validation of deliverables prior to submission to the OFR; and ensuring compliance with OFR timelines and deadlines for deliverables and associated subtask completion dates.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Monitor and analyzing network traffic, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), security events, and logs for Indicators of Compromise (IOC) and make risk based decisions to help determine appropriate action.
• Assist in identifying and addressing unauthorized access, modification, or destruction of systems and data.
• Perform vulnerability testing, and support remediation and other vulnerability management efforts.
• Design, build, integrate, and support endpoint security initiatives that address common vulnerabilities and advanced persistent threats (APT).
• Support Incident Management and Response in accordance with industry and Federal best practices, OFR policies, and procedures.
• Proactively address changes in the external threat landscape that have an impact on OFR's on-premise and cloud computing technologies
• Evaluate existing technical security capabilities and systems and identify opportunities for improvement
• Demonstrate ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience.
• Represent OFR's Information Security interests and mission at inter-departmental meetings (Change Management and Technology Review Boards)
• • Possess knowledge of and experience with Federal security regulations, standards, and procedures including FISMA, FIPS, NIST, and FedRAMP
Education & Experience
• A Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field with training in information security
• Security certification such as: CISSP, SANS GIAC, Security+, Network+, Linux+, MCSE, RHCE or CCNA-Security
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Hands on experience with Security Tools such as IDS/IPS, Anti-virus, Endpoint Management, FireEye
• Hands on experience with Virtualization Technology such as VMWare
• Hands on experience with Storage Technology such as NetApp or Panassas
• Scripting/Programming experience in Python, Perl, Powershell or Bash.
• Active Directory
• Firewalls and internet proxy devices (bluecoat, paloalto, etc.)
• Security monitoring practices
• Unix or Linux shell environments
• Security Information Event Management (SIEM)
• Experience working in a small to medium government or corporate enterprise environment.
• OSCP (desired)
• Must be able to obtain an Agency specific clearance.
• Must be a ==== or permanent resident
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
EEO is the Law: [ Link Removed ]