The FBI’s Applications and Data Division is looking for passionate technologists to help us face some of the nation’s toughest challenges. We provide the end-to-end technical services for the applications and data that enable FBI Special Agents and Analysts around the world to protect the American public and uphold the U.S. Constitution. Join us in developing technologies to further the mission of the FBI. Our goal is simple: stay ahead of the threat by delivering on the potential of software and data.
As an Information Security Engineer, you will work on application system designs and architecture plans to embed security into development, testing and deployments across the development lifecycle.
TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- You demonstrate strong understanding of security policy advocated by the U.S. government, including the Department of Defense and appropriate civil agencies, (such as NIST).
- You have experience with INFOSEC technology, policy, procedure development and implementation on major industry and government programs/efforts.
- You have strong knowledge of technology and security topics including network security, application security, infrastructure hardening, security baselines and web server and database security.
- You are experienced in security architecture of modern cloud technologies, including multi-tenancy, containerization/virtualization, and automation services
- You have familiarity with application test methodologies, automating application security testing and the strengths/weaknesses of test automation.
- You have a working knowledge of at least one or more of Java, Python, C++ and Ruby.
- You are experienced in applying static and/or dynamic analysis in application testing.
- You have the ability to evaluate cryptography choice and implementation.
- You can communicate technical security concepts to diverse audiences, both verbally and in writing.
- You have general experience in the development of both common-user and special-purpose command-and-control information systems, with increasing responsibilities in the scope and magnitude of the systems for which solutions have been implemented.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be able to obtain a Top-Secret Clearance-Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) clearance.
- Must meet the FBI’s Employment Eligibility
All applicants will be rated on the follow competencies:
- Knowledge and expertise in information security engineering and technologies.
- Analytic Thinking
What to Expect in the Hiring Phase:
The FBI’s mission is to protect the American people and uphold the Constitution of the United States; you will be integral to delivering innovative software that helps the FBI accomplish that mission. Selecting great talent for our mission is one of the most important privileges we have. Part of the selection process will be for you to meet with a five-member panel of FBI technical experts and senior leaders in your field who will assess your problem-solving skills and technical acumen, as well as give you an opportunity to ask questions and make sure this role is a great fit for you.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please send your resume (and direct all questions) to FBI_Apps_Data@fbi.gov.