Under general direction, is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining information security programs for multiple State Agencies; builds and maintains a consistent approach in securing information resources. This position will provide routine reports and briefings to agency leadership and the State Chief Information Security Officer on the posture and regulatory compliance of agency information security programs. This position will work closely with agency business units to ensure that information security efforts and controls align with business objectives to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all information resources. Ensures that organizations are aware of all applicable policy and regulatory requirements and recommendations to become or maintain compliance. This position is also responsible for assisting in the development and execution of Business Continuity Planning (BCP) and Disaster Recovery (DR) implementation.
As a representative of the Office of the Chief Information Security Officer, this position is critical in providing security services to State Agencies, Boards and Commissions, therefore excellent customer service skills are essential.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Six (6) years of IT work experience to include three (3) years of IT security work experience
- One or more cybersecurity certifications (CISSP, CISM, CISA, etc.)
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Applicants for this position must pass a fingerprint based national background investigation
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local law and regulations
- Knowledge of security products, tools, and processes
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and the general public
- Leadership skills at a supervisory level
- Ability to communicate with technical as well as non-technical individuals
- Ability to make sound decisions and to accomplish objectives to deliver services to agencies
- Extensive experience in information security
- Proven, hands-on, experience in multiple information security disciplines
- Due to security requirements related to system access, the following will result in disqualification for this position: Felony Convictions, Felony Deferred Adjudication, Class A Misdemeanor Deferred Adjudication, Class B Misdemeanor Convictions less than 10 years, an Open Arrest for Any Criminal Offense (Felony or Misdemeanor).
Post-Offer, Pre-employment Requirements:
- Ability to obtain a favorably adjudicated security clearance using a fingerprint-based background screening. Retaining this clearance is a requirement of continued employment.