Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.Job Summary
- Associate Information Security Project Manager
IT Project/Program Management focuses on projects that involve software development as well as hardware/infrastructure projects. The IT Project Manager, Associate oversees one or more small to medium projects or subprojects on an ongoing and regular basis. Individually, or as part of a team, responsible for project planning and statusing and issue resolution. Duties may include: assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, developing schedules to ensure timely completion of project, communicating project status and issues to team and management, acting to reduce risk and resolve issues. Coordinates with other projects and work groups.
- Responsible for coordinating projects and subprojects / work efforts, typically of small to medium size and complexity.
- Coordinate project deliverables including project plans, schedules, and status reports.
- Facilitate meetings including preparing agendas and coordinating schedules and materials, documenting meeting minutes, following-up on action items; gathering, organizing and distributing project related documentation.
- Assist in conducting risk monitoring and controls during a project's duration to ensure ability to achieve expected outcomes, on time and on budget.
- Monitor project budgets: including develops project cost estimates and forecasting.
- Assist in the creation and execution of project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Coordinate day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Required to perform duties outside of normal work hours based on business needs.
Job Complexities & Impact
- Works on standard issues/problems.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Follows department processes and procedures and may make recommendations to these processes
- Achieves set objectives
- Errors may cause minor project delays
Supervision Received or Extended
- No responsibility for the supervision of others
- Works under general guidelines with little direction.
- Actively contributes to the results of a team and works towards achieving team goals and objectives.
- Follows departmental processes and procedures and may make recommendations to these processes
- May be the central point of departmental information and procedures
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- 2 - 3 years' experience or more with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Excel, Visio)
- 2 - 3 years' experience with Microsoft Project and PPM Tools
- 3 years or more Title insurance/Mortgage acumen and IT experience
- Understanding of IT delivery methodologies (RUP, ITIL, Agile, Waterfall)
- Professional communication skills:
- Ability to communicate project status to team and business owners throughout the duration of the assignment to make certain all impacted stakeholders have an understanding of risks, issues and activities related to the project
- Ability to self-start and be versatile in a dynamic environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to listen to others and accept input from team members
- Ability to build team cohesiveness to achieve results
- BS/BA preferred or equivalent experience
Typical Range of Experience
- Typically have 2 - 3 years of directly related experience
License or Certification
- PMP Certificate preferred
- CSM (Certified Scrum Master) Preferred
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certification preferred
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.