SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc.,
it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
In collaboration with subsidiaries, Integration Engineers will plan, design, and implement the integration process. Develop and implement enterprise information security solutions across Anthem's subsidiaries. Evaluate existing components or systems to determine integration requirements and ensure the final solutions meet organizational needs. Leads will test plans and work with clients through analysis and design of the solution that is to be integrated. Assist management in making integration decisions ensuring integrity of the business.
This role complements Anthem's OCISO Subsidiary Security Governance and Oversight Integration Management team with a Technical Integration Engineer.
Preferred Location: Norfolk, VA
Primary duties include but not limited to:
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve DAM tool related errors, vendor software bugs, and/or functionality issues with vendor technical support.
- Work closely with OCISO service owners and vendor Technical Account Managers (TAM) to install tools/software.
- Track and report metrics associated with integration completion.
- Provide analytical reports using tools from MS Office.
- Responds to Level 3 and 4 change and problem requests; leads Level 1 and 2 incident recoveries and performs root cause analysis.
- Research and recommend systems, equipment and technologies.
- Work with colleagues from across the company, from management to administration and legal.
- Collect and analyze data.
- Curate documents that relate to integration principles.
- Provide aftercare to clients, such as integration support for previously installed software and programs.
- Performing software and hardware integration projects.
- Scripting and testing new product integrations.
- Planning integration work and testing on a virtualized server network.
- Conducting pre-studies of the viability of an integration project.
- Preparing tests of systems.
- Understanding exchange-to-exchange networks.
- Provide technical oversight and vetting of integration projects.
- Provide guidance and assistance on standard and non-standard network asset configurations.
- Serve as first level of escalation to the Integrations deployment teams.
- Facilitate design and implementation of Engineering standards.
- Execute pre-deployment site visits and be the Point of Control (POC) and communication with site administrators.
- Address integration issues post deployment efforts as day-after one-stop-resolution.
- Update departmental project trackers and metrics.
- Requires BS/BA in information Technology or related field of study and a minimum of 8 years experience in systems administration and security aspects of information systems, access management and network security technologies, network communications, computer networking, telecommunications, systems development and management, hardware, software, data, and people; experience with multiple technical and business disciplines required; requires broad-based experience to plan and design highly complex systems; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
- 3-5 years of related work experience in information security, data protection, data privacy and security, or similar field
- 3-5 years administering configuring, testing, and deploying vendor provided security software on Unix/Linux and Windows platforms
- Experience with system integrations methodologies
- Administrative experience in multiple versions of operating systems such as Windows, Linux
- Experience generating report statistics on system performance
- Familiarity with common incident management/ticketing systems (e.g., Service Now)
- Experience with script in BASH, Powershell, Python or other similar use language
- Security Certifications: CISSP and other advanced technical security certifications (e.g. Information Systems Security Architecture Professional, Information Security Engineering Professional, Certification and Accreditation Professional, or equivalent certifications) strongly preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide - and Anthem approves - a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America's Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.