SHIFT: Day Job
SCHEDULE: Full-timeYour Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc.
, it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.Information Security Senior Advisor
The Identity & Access Management (IAM) solution Security Architect reports to the Global Lead for IAM Architecture in a hands-on role focused on the security architecture in the IAM space supporting cloud services. The architect works directly with Lead Development, Engineering and Operational resources through collaboration and mentoring to shape the cloud IAM capabilities for the Firm.
The IAM Solution Security Architect's role is a technical position which will support the development of security strategies and architecture vision as it relates to the Firm's cloud initiatives, specifically setting the direction for IAM as it relates to cloud. The IAM Solution Security Architect will work with other Architects and Service Owners to provide a consensus-based enterprise solution that is scalable, adaptable and synchronized with the ever changing business needs. Key Responsibilities:
• Subject-matter expertise across all IAM topics as it relates to both cloud and on-premises enterprise technology, and the relationship between the architectures.
• Drive the adoption of Authentication and Authorization reference architectures for existing, new and emerging IAM technologies.
• Drive the adoption of creative solutions to address complex, global IAM problems.
• Participate in Identity and Access Management enterprise governance processes and drive IAM standards adoption.
• Develop effective architecture solutions that not only satisfy immediate project requirements but also deliver a coherent, reusable, reliable and phased architecture to help the business grow and change while aligning to strategic vision.
• Create, maintain and align the Firm's Information Security policies and standards with industry best practices and business needs in the adoption of cloud services and technologies.
• Represent Information Security on organizational project teams and ensure adherence to existing security policies and standards.
• Manage the successful technical delivery of Information Security projects and services for our customers by working directly with key business stakeholders, executives and project teams. Security architects are often the technical lead on initiatives and as such must drive the vision and alignment of the solution delivery. This is not a project manager role.
• Review and management of technical security roadmaps related to cloud security and IAM within a cloud security context.
• Deliver technical security configuration architecture expertise in implementing cross-organizational information sharing.
• Develop solutions and recommendations for issues caused by process challenges, emerging threats and technology changes. Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
The individual in this role must be able to understand and interpret identity and access management strategies and direction. Further, the person must be able to bring together key tenets of Information Security to the IAM cloud strategies and develop technical security solutions that properly align. The Architect will contribute to the overall effort of the IAM direction of the Firm. Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Requirements:
The individual in this role must be well educated in general aspects of Information Security, namely:
• Experience architecting IAM solutions within Microsoft Azure , Amazon Web Services (AWS) and, preferably, other cloud providers.
• Intimately familiar with IAM related protocols such as SAML, SPML, XACML, SCIM, OpenID and OAuth.
• Experience working with cloud security and governance tools, cloud access security brokers (CASBs), and server virtualization technologies.
• Federation concepts and technologies particularly with solutions from ADFS and Ping Identity.
• In-depth experience with Microsoft Azure, particularly Azure AD and architecture designs connecting Azure to enterprise infrastructure.
• Strong experience with Directories, SSO, Federation, Delegated administration, API gateways, SOA services.
• Strong understanding of cloud computing architecture, technical design and implementations, including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models.
• Excellent customer service and communication (oral / written) skills required.
• Strong critical thinking and analytical skills and ability to think "out of the box" required.
• Must be able to work independently or with a team, under minimum supervision.
• Consults to key customers and senior management on project design and development scope.
• Assists customer organizations with planning and implementing complex architecture solutions. Qualifications Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Information Assurance, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field of study.
- 8+ years of practical experience in the field of IT is required.
- 5+ years of direct Information Security experience.
- Must have working knowledge and understanding of networking technologies such as LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, load balancers, firewalls etc.
• Expert level experience in Cloud Authentication and Access management Services.
• Expert level experience in cloud solution development with Azure, AWS, Google, or other relevant cloud solution architectures.
• Good understanding of Multi-Factor authentication and Privileged Access Management
• 2-3 years of software development experience is desirable. Certification Preferences:
A security industry certification is preferred including but not limited to CISSP, SSCP, CISM, SANS GSEC, ECSA, ECSP, and Security+.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few. Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America's Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.