One of our clients in Los Angeles is looking for an Information Security Specialist with the following skills and experience:
- Looking for someone with a security background, not specialized in one area, but someone across operations, architecture, engineering etc.
2. Certifications would be very helpful in assessing someone's background. ex: CCISP would tell us if they have the fundamentals. 'the more certs the better (looking for at least 2)
3. Experience in doing risk assessments and developing deliverables
4. Communication capability - bridge the technical and non-technical side.
- Provides situation based support, using in-depth knowledge of TWDC technology, to ensure systems are designed in accordance with and are aligned with Company security requirements; includes architecture assessments, secure development training, and conducting RTOs
- Creates, reviews and presents reports, position papers, assessment recaps to team (peers) and next level of leadership within team
- Executes advanced risk and threat analysis activities, leveraging learnings from external and internal cyber trends and incidents
- Develops and documents technical solutions that meet specifications and impact future development (position papers, process flows, requirements, data flows, mapping to controls)
- Identifies, selects, develops and documents architecture artifacts (reference architectures, standards, policies, reusable designs, best practices) across data protection topics
- Researches, learns and assesses new technologies
- Leads discussions, assessments, tracking and overall reporting of technology security risks
- Understands business drivers and processes to evaluate risk and recommend solutions with a balanced result
- Promotes awareness of applicable security policies and standards
- Assists with the maintenance of metrics and scorecards in support of the information security program
5 to 8 years of experience in Information Technology
5 years of experience with 3 or more areas including: public cloud, secure application development, virtual network big data, elastic compute, cloud security
- Experience in information management and information technology security design and implementation
- Demonstrated experience with security event logs from Windows, Unix, intrusion detection systems, network, and remote access solutions
- Experience managing IDS / IPS / firewall systems in distributed/hybrid cloud environment
- Demonstrated experience in creating conceptual, logical and physical security diagrams
- Thorough understanding of vulnerabilities and countermeasures
- Information Security technology/compliance experience
- Detailed understanding of TCP/IP and related communication protocols, Windows authentication mechanisms (Kerberos, NTLM, AD), networking technologies, software defined computing, containerization, routing and switching, big data, elastic compute, and risk analysis and risk management methodologies
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume, results driven environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including reporting
- This will require practical use and understanding of advanced security protocols and standards, and solid knowledge of information security principles and practices as well as latest scalable technologies (hard and soft)
- Required: two or more senior Information Security and cloud certifications:
CISSP, CCSP, AWS Certified Public Cloud Architect, MCSE cloud, VMWare VCP6 cloud, EMCCA cloud computing
Architect or GIAC Required Education.
Interested candidates may submit their resumes online or call at 310-906-4780 for further information regarding the position.
Find Us on Facebook!
Follow Us on Twitter!
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries on a contract, direct (permanent), contract-to-direct and project basis. Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Pharma and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future