Description Job Description:JOB SUMMARY:
Leidos is the prime of a high performing program who is adding multiple new positions. The ISSE shall provide cyber security and security engineering services for the Fort Meade customer including system security engineering, cybersecurity risk assessments, and security architecture support.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The ISSE shall perform, or review, technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established cybersecurity standards and regulations and recommended mitigation strategies. This includes:
- Participate as a security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design, development, implementation, and/or integration of:
- Secure networking, computing, and enclave environments
- Cybersecurity architectures, systems or system components
- Supports the Government in the enforcement of the design and implementation of trusted relationships among external systems and architectures
- Applies knowledge of cybersecurity policy, procedures, and workforce structure to design, develop, and implement secure networking, computing, and enclave environments
- Supports security planning, assessment, risk analysis, and risk management
- Interacts with the customer and other project teams members during meetings, presentations, and briefings
- Designs, develops, implements and/or integrates cybersecurity and security systems and system components including those for networking, computing and enclave environment to include those with multiple enclaves and with differing data protection/classification requirements
- Assist architects and systems developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application of Agency security policy and enterprise solutions
- Assesses and mitigates system security threats/risk throughout the program life cycle
- Contributes to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations
- Applies system security engineering expertise in one or more of the following:
- System security design process
- Security Engineering life cycle
- Cross domain solutions
- COTS and GOTS Cryptographic solutions
- Identification, authentication and authorization
- Systems integration
- Risk management
- Intrusion detection
- Contingency planning
- Incident handling
- Configuration control
- Change management
- C&A process
- Principles of cybersecurity (confidentiality, integrity, non-repudiation, availability, and access control)
- Security testing.
- Support security authorization activities in compliance with the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) process, and other customer based business processes for security engineering.
- Seven (7) years of experience as an ISSE on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal government is required.
- BS degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or related field. Four years of additional ISSE experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree.
- DoD 8570 compliance with IASAE Level 2 is required. Candidate must possess the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification to qualify for this position.
TS/SCI with Polygraph (required to begin working)
*Will consider CCA cases or sponsor clearance with strong ISSE background.
**ship requiredPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience or knowledge of the National Leadership Command Capability (NLCC)
- Experience and understanding of active cyber defense techniques, products and architectures
- Working knowledge of NIST Special Publications 800-30, 800-37, 800-53, 800-160, and DoDAF 2.02
CONMDcareers.leidos.com/CONMD External Referral Bonus:
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Security Architecture and EngineeringPay Range:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 ® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.