Description Job Description:
Leidos is looking for a System and Security Engineer to support the Program's Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE). The Program manages more than 10 separate System Security Plans. The selected individual will be responsible for gathering, analyzing, and composing technical information. The candidate will keep track of and report on Plan of Action and Milestone (POA&M) items. The System Engineer will assist in translating technical information into clear, readable documents and presentations to be used by technical and non-technical personnel. The candidate will support the development of all types of documents and reports by developing and updating graphics presentations to improve the quality and enhance the usability of these documents. The candidate will assist in integrating the graphics and information generated from meetings and facilitation sessions, using automated tools, and research methods into final deliverable documents.
Work with other Information Security Systems Engineer (ISSE) in assessing, documenting, and tracking new program requirements and follow-on technical exchange meetings (TEMs). Run scans / assist running scans using approved security tools Review and interpret scan results and recommend appropriate mitigations Coordinate participation in meetings; documentation and distribution of minutes and action items; and tracing action items for successful completion. Support task requiring the collecting, compiling, evaluating and publishing of information and statistical data in documents, records, forms, reports, plans, policies, and regulations. Provide support such as technical writing and technical editing Compose technical documents especially Security Plans and related materials. Conduct research as directed. Facilitate meetings and information sessions. Provide documentation, requirements, and information updates.
- TS/SCI with poly required to be considered
- Bachelor and 12 yrs experience
- Strong overall Systems Engineering and Security experience
- Demonstrated experience writing key project and technical deliverables, such as technical architecture documentation, data flows, network diagrams.
- Demonstrated experience writing technical responses to POA&M items.
- Demonstrated experience exhibiting technical writing and record keeping skills.
- Demonstrated experience with security scanning tools.
- Demonstrated experience with security processes, SecDevOps implementation, Cyber Security, and cloud infrastructure to develop and deploy enterprise level hosting platforms
- Demonstrated experience engineering security solutions for medium-to-large complex IT development efforts involving both software and hardware. 4. Demonstrated experience and knowledge of data protection levels and encryption standards. 5. Demonstrated experience working with security testing tools and mechanisms
- Experience with emerging technologies for the enhancement of web services.
- Demonstrated experience working in an AWS environment and/or deploying applications to the cloud.
- Agile experience
External Referral Bonus:
- Demonstrated experience supporting the execution of deployment plans and checklist.
- Demonstrated experience developing backup and recovery and disaster recovery strategies.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of the Sponsor's information security processes and systems.
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.