ASRC Federal Research and Technology Solutions (ARTS) currently provides comprehensive IT services to NASA Ames Research Center located in Mountain View, CA. From cloud computing & network/information security to systems administration and technology development, we are encouraging talented IT professionals to explore the vast opportunities available on this NASA contract in the heart of Silicon Valley.
ARTS is seeking an Information Security Technical Writer
to provide and manage Information Assurance (IA) controls and security engineering for NASA systems. This role will assist the IT Solutions and Security Analysts in providing maintenance and tracking of NASA Ames IT Security Plans throughout the center. Responsibilities
- Tasks include prepare, write, and review System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports, Certification and Accreditation (C&A) packages, and System Requirements Traceability Matrices (SRTMs).
- Perform risk assessment analysis to support security certification and ATOs.
- Provide IA and cybersecurity expertise, guidance and support to meet the requirements of the program.
- Implement the Risk Management Framework (RMF) by creating security risk management plans and assessing vulnerabilities of program systems, performing research and analysis, and assessing the impacts of system design choices, technological advances, and malicious code.
- Write the system's security documentation and identify potential security weaknesses and vulnerabilities, recommend implementing security controls to mitigate vulnerabilities and to reduce overall system risk.
- Track NASA Ames Project IT Security plans and helps ensure that they meet the agency Authorization and Accreditation (A&A) Package requirements.
- Assists in the development and input of IT Security Plans into the Agency database.
- Update System Security Plans as required to include new Common Controls and NASA Organizational Defined Values (ODVs) as-required. This effort includes potential for consideration for FISMA / NIST 800-53 Rev 4.
- Assist in the development of common responses to NIST Special Publication 800-53 Rev. 4 controls. Update all Security Plans with new common responses.
- Act as liaison between Information System Owners and A&A Office on changes to controls and subsequent security impact on system.
- Track all open Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) for each supported security plan and follow up on all POA&M items weekly.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law .