Information System Security Engineer (EGL-21-1343-F):
Bowhead is seeking an Information System Security Engineer (ISSE) that can accomplish System Engineer and Information System Security Officer (ISSO) responsibilities in accordance with the Joint Security Implementation Guide (JSIG), and other DoD instructions. The Senior ISSE will providing guidance and assistance to units involved in classified activities and maintain accreditation for Information Systems (IS) operating within a classified environment. Additionally, provide input to and maintain System Security Plans (SSPs) outlining security operating procedures.
• Assist Information System Security Manager (ISSM) in developing sanitation and secure data extraction program for media, security incident clean-up plans, system certification testing plan, vulnerability testing, and protection measure procedures.
• Maintain continuous positive control and accountability of all IS hardware and software entered into and removed from classified facilities.
• Assist the Program/Activity Security Manager with initial and recurring training for all personnel afforded access to any information systems.
• Assist with the evaluation of commercial and government-off-the-shelf hardware and software with recommendations to management on the products.
• Conduct weekly audits of Local and Wide Area Networks operating in classified facilities
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire. All job offers in connection with a covered contract will be contingent upon providing proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or closely related discipline or 4 years of additional experience in lieu of degree.
• A minimum of five (5) years of experience in IT security, including SA&A and/or IT security risk analysis, preferably in support of the Federal Government.
• The candidate MUST HAVE in depth knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, Registry, Windows Firewall, troubleshooting from the command line and PowerShell.
• The candidate MUST HAVE in depth knowledge of ONE or more of the following: Sentris, LogRhythm, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Websense, SQL Server, Linux (RHEL 7).
• Knowledge of Hyper-V, WSUS, DPM, PowerShell Scripting, Cisco and Fortinet network devices, ACAS, SCAP, and Vulnerator are highly desired.
• Knowledge of Federal Government SA&A practices and policies, particularly FISMA and NIST Special Publications 800 series.
• Industry recognized and accepted certifications relating to IT security preferred (CISSP, GIAC, CEH, TNCP, Security+, Network+ etc.).
• Must be able to obtain DOD 8570 certification IAT 2 within 3 months of hire.
• CISSP certified is highly desired.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must have an active security clearance at the Top Secret/SCI level and eligible to receive a CI poly. Possessing an active TS/SCI CI Poly is preferred. US Citizenship is a requirement for a Top Secret/SCI clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC's Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant's resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting. Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
Link to Apply:
#LI-JS1UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here .The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)