Leidos currently has an immediate opening for an Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM), supporting multiple US Navy programs located Bethesda, MD. Leidos' High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. This position requires US citizenship and a DoD Secret security clearance.
This position is part of the HFS cyber security team, and is responsible for maintaining and improving the security posture for the information systems that support the development and fielding of a variety of US Naval training systems. Candidate will perform at least the following tasks:
• Developing and implementing plans and goals in the realm of Cybersecurity. Must have a strong background in schedule development, tracking, and reporting and must be able to clearly articulate changes to plans and potential dependancies.
• Coordinate and communicate with multiple ISSOs to ensure compliance with regulations and internal policies at the Leidos location.
• Maintain scheduling of events, meetings, briefings and represent the Cybersecurity team as needed.
• Foster and maintain a positive cybersecurity culture that embraces proactive communication and security with employees, subcontractors, and Government stakeholders.
• Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the cybersecurity mission, values and culture of the organization.
• Coordinate Change and Control Boards and document meeting minutes and subsequent tasks. Provide feedback and approve all changes from the Cybersecurity perspective.
• Assist with management of Authorization and Assessment processes for multiple authorities to operate across multiple sites.
• Assist with the evaluation of changes or additions to the IS within the facility, determine security relevance, and make recommendations for approval or denial to these changes.
• Assist the Facility Security Officer (FSO) with periodic inventories.
• Manage all of the Leidos personnel involved with Cybersecurity at the Leidos facility.
• Work with government security personnel, collaborating on issues and concerns and keeping each other abreast of the state of security at each site, sharing lessons learned, and applying common solutions whenever possible.
• BA/BS degree. Select certifications may be substituted for the education requirement. Candidate must be 8570.1M / 8140 compliant with certifications, preferably CISSP or Associate and RHCSA to correspond to an IA Management Level III designation.
• Must have 10+ years of work experience
• Must have past experience with, and demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position
• Must demonstrate a general commitment to excellence, a dedication to producing quality work results, and an ability to learn and apply new skills.
• Must be a flexible, positive and energetic team player; be able to work in a fast paced environment; adapt to changes tasking; and be able to work with minimal supervision
• Must be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, plan and prioritize personal tasking, effectively communicate verbally and in writing, and be able to work successfully in a team environment
• Previous ISSM/ISSO experience
• Linux operating system experience
• Familiarity with Jira, Confluence, Portfolio, Service Desk, and MS Project
External Referral Eligible