The Cloud Engineer participates in the designs, builds, and implementations of technology in a very collaborative environment with secure cloud solutions.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Collaborate directly with Enterprise Architecture and Security Engineering and other technical and non-technical stakeholders in the design, testing, integration, and implementation of cloud-based solutions.
- Test and implement standards/design patterns to ensure compatibility and integration in cloud environments
- Contribute to the evolution of the Agency’s software development lifecycle through technology enhancements supporting continuous delivery/continuous integration pipeline
- Identify, test, and implement enhancements and automation capabilities for data migrations, security best practices, environment builds, and operational management standards
- Provide leadership to engineering resources with respect to emerging cloud technologies and supporting resources.
- Serve as lead engineering resource on proofs of customer concept and projects that are leveraging cloud based technologies
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex problems
- Build and maintain relationships across departments
- Demonstrate broad knowledge of technology principles, practices, and procedures
- As a technical expert, provide guidance and make recommendations on changes required throughout the design, testing, and implementation process
- Work with management, architects, and engineers to develop artifacts
- Self-manage in a way that allows flexibility to support multiple projects at a any given time
- Support the development of a structured, standardized, and consolidated set of services that optimally support business processes and applications
- Experience with cloud migration
- Access control in the cloud
- PIV authentication within the cloud
- Experience with FEDRamp and NIST 800-53 rev.4
- Ability to guide the migration a cloud based federal platform
- Regulatory cloud requirements for the federal platform
- BS degree in Computer Science or Business or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of overall IT experience
- 5+ years’ experience with Cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) services and solutions to include Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure or other leading cloud services
- Good organizational, task, and project management skills
- Self-motivated and able to work across diverse technical and non-technical teams
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced understanding of infrastructure technologies - Server, data store, network, storage, and management technologies
- Experience with IT transformation - data center consolidations and migration
- ITIL (foundational level, but exposure to more detail than foundation is often necessary)
- U.S. citizenship required; ability to obtain a public trust clearance.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Cloud systems engineering experience.
- Experience in technical writing
- Experience in proposal support.
- Experience in the Federal or Defense Government IT services industry.