North Dakota Information Technology
Information Systems Cybersecurity Intern
Job ID: 3016899
Hiring Salary: $17.35 per hour
Work Hours: 20-25 hours per week
Location: Bismarck, ND
Closing Date: October 11, 2020
Status: Temporary, Part-time
Do you have a strong passion to change the world? Do you believe that you can make the lives of people better with technology? The State of North Dakota is looking for an Information Systems Cybersecurity Intern to work with one of the world’s most advanced Security Operations Centers to protect a state network of over 250,000 devices including autonomous farms and smart roads designed to end world hunger, the Nation’s only research environment for beyond line of sight Unmanned Arial Vehicles, as well as the defense forces for 2/3rds of the Nation’s Nuclear Triad. This individual will help us fulfill our mission of empowering people, improving lives, and inspiring success!
The successful Information Systems Cybersecurity Intern candidate will enjoy working with people in a collaborative environment, who can learn quickly in a rapidly changing technology landscape, and who embodies the core values that we follow as public servants for the State of ND: Gratitude, Humility, Curiosity, and Courage.
Summary of Work
As a part of the State of ND’s Information Security Division, the Information Systems Cybersecurity Intern will work on a team that provides cutting-edge, innovative, and thoroughly-vetted finished intelligence products, including high-quality papers, briefings, recommendations, and findings for senior-level government and private sector decision-makers. The Information Systems Cybersecurity Intern must be a self-motivated individual who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment with cutting edge technology.
The qualified candidate must currently be in enrolled in a cybersecurity, information technology, or related degree, vocational rehabilitation and employment program or recent graduated in the last six months in one of the previously mentioned degrees.
Tasks and Duties
· Conduct research and gather data to determine available security software and techniques; determine those most appropriate to the current system; recommend those to be procured and installed.
· Monitor established data security processes and maintain installed software; implement process and system improvements; provide notifications and instructions to users on changes.
· Assist users in conducting needs assessments for security systems; analyze and evaluate system needs; provide alternative procedures; recommend solutions.
· Review current security system definitions for correctness; monitor, report and investigate access to determine unauthorized access attempts; provide continuous testing of systems for situations requiring corrective action.
· Participate in vulnerability management processes, including the active identification, assessment and remediation of security weaknesses.
Please make sure that your resume includes information to demonstrate how you meet the minimum qualifications as posted. Your work history will not be given credit if North Dakota Information Technology cannot determine that you meet the minimum qualifications.
All application material must be received on or before the closing date by 11:59 pm and must include the following documents:
North Dakota Information Technology does not offer or provide sponsorships. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
For more information or if you need an accommodation, please contact: Darla Van Vleet, North Dakota Information Technology: Email: faxor TTY:or local at (701) 328-3190
Job Announcement Status can be viewed at: >http://www.nd.gov/itd/working-itd · Learn more aboutNDIT at: >http://www.nd.gov/itd · Learn more about Employment Benefits at: >https://www.nd.gov/omb/state-employee/employment-and-compensation/benefits · Visit North Dakota State government: >http://www.nd.gov
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of North Dakota does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.