CGI Federal is looking for an Information Systems Engineer who has solid experience in transforming legacy COBOL applications to more modern technologies. The ideal candidate will have executive level communication skills to advise executives and senior level client technical staff of the benefits, issues, costs and risks of new technologies. The Information Systems Engineer will advises on what is necessary to implement new technology program(s) or modernize existing mission-critical systems such as conversion from siloed, COBOL-based systems to a modern integrated set of applications necessary to provide a superior client use experience. Your future duties and responsibilities
Performs IT functions such as design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging, and implementation of applications programs supporting company business processes and operations.
Analyzes, installs, acquires, modifies, and supports operating systems, database or utilities software.
Plans, conducts and directs the analysis of business problems to be solved with automated systems.
Analyzes, designs, acquires, and implements projects for LAN and/or WAN systems.
Plans, designs, acquires, and implements telecommunications voice/wire systems.
At higher job levels, may contribute to the development, testing, evaluation or design of system or infrastructure architecture used throughout the IT solution set. Required qualifications to be successful in this role
* Bachelor's Degree is required along with 2-5 years of experience is required
* Possesses superior oral and written communications skills in order to clearly and effectively convey issues, reports, and other deliverables to Agency counterparts.
* Expert knowledge of federal laws and regulations, directives, instructions, policy, standards, and guidance, including knowledge of FedRAMP requirements and guidance, so that requirements support security and privacy compliance.
* Experience in implementation of leading technologies, methodologies, and software tools.
* Experience performing security assessments, audits and reviews to determine if software meets standards. Works with security expert to resolve identified issues.
* Mentors staff by providing technical guidance in area of specialty.
* Skills should include mastery of JAVA. Successful candidates MUST understand and be able to articulate secure coding practices. Mastery of NODE.JS and/or experience operating in an Agile environment is a big plus.
* Expert in an advanced technical areas of small to large applications and operational environments. Experience and expert knowledge in advanced and complex computing environments and all facets of the SDLC with a focus on consultations and advice on difficult problem resolution, and implementation strategies.
* Experience and demonstrated success working with clients in sensitive environments, understands user issues, understands policy and political issues that may adversely affect success and offers approaches to manage such issues.
* Experience advising and consulting using advanced expertise in areas a client has interest in and needs expertise to carefully evaluate technologies, benefits, risks, and costs in order to make a decision to use such technology/technologies.
* Expertise in advising clients on the analysis, design, implementation, training, maintenance and usage of advanced technologies within their organization, particularly with respect to a client's mission, business goals and forecasted environmental impacts (e.g., increased number of clients served, constrained budgets, client interaction preferences, security and privacy concerns, and workforce development issues).
* Experience participating and advising as needed in all phases of systems development from analyzing, and documenting complex client and statutory requirements through development, deployment, and maintenance.
* Experience providing advanced technical knowledge and analysis of highly specialized applications and operational environments; high-level functional systems analysis, design, integration, documentation, training, and implementation; and advice on complex problems.
* Experience making recommendations and advising on task order level system improvements, optimization, or maintenance efforts in the SDLC phases.
* Participates in discussions and development of organization-wide information models to enable shared software and database services and management systems.
* Experience in the development and implementation of best practices for small to large-scale development projects. Understands how to deploy new technologies within existing complex set of technologies of varying levels modernization. Develops and/or reviews detailed system and technical documentation for all phases of the SDLC. Develops white papers, evaluations, and technical guidance to clients in area of specialty.
The ideal candidate will have one or more of the following certifications: Certified Business Operations Professional (CBOP), Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Accredited Management Consultant (AMA), PMP, CBM, CIPM, CMC, CM, CMBA, CIM, CFCM, MKMP, MPM, MMC, P.Mgr, or SCPM.
#CGIFEDERALJOB Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change--supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.