Job Number: R0126170
Information Systems Security Engineer, Mid
Develop and implement security solutions in alignment with a security strategy. Maintain an awareness of market and te chn ology trends to bring best of breed solutions to the client. Apply specific functional knowledge, including working and general industry knowledge. Develop or contribute to solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Work independently with some guidance and review or guide activities of more junior employees. This position is located on-site in Bethesda, MD.
- 2+ years of experience in information security engineering
- 2+ years of experience with coordinating the remediation of vulnerabilities on servers and network appliances
- 2+ years of experience with configuring or managing with three or more of the following automated tools, including Nessus, Tenable Security Center, BigFix, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Splu nk , Tripwire, Cylance, or FireEye
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Asso cia te's degree and 4+ years of experience with requisition posting or Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of experience with requisition posting
- Experience with continuous monitoring or security control assessments
- Experience with project management practices and methods
- Knowledge of all facets of information security operations, including vulnerability assessment, risk management, host and network int rus ion detection, anti-vi rus te chn ologies, firewalls, Security Information and Event Management ( SIEM ) , incident response, and forensic analysis
- Knowledge of FISMA requirements as part of the Security Authorization ( SA ) process
- Possession of excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Security+, CISSP, CEH, CGIH, and Splu nk Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information .
We're an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change - no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.