Founded in 1987, IMG has been a leading small business that exemplifies competence, integrity and follow-through by consistently providing customer focused professional services derived from our knowledge of the customer, understanding of the requirements, development of our approach, proposal of our solution, delivery of our offerings, and the effective management of our services to ensure that our company is recognized for our relentless pursuit of improvement and for continually exceeding expectations.
IMG is seeking an Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) with TS/SCI Full Scope Polygraph
for work at its Annapolis Junction, MD
The Information Systems Security Engineer:
- Performs, or reviews, technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations, and recommends mitigation strategies.
- Validates and verifies system security requirements definitions and analysis and establishes system security designs.
- Designs, develops, implements and/or integrates IA and security systems and system components including those for networking, computing, and enclave environments to include those with multiple enclaves and with differing data protection/classification requirements.
- Builds IA into systems deployed to operational environments.
- Assists architects and systems developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application of Agency security policy and enterprise solutions.
- Supports the building of security architectures.
- Enforces the design and implementation of trusted relations among external systems and architectures.
- Assesses and mitigates system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle.
- Contributes to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations.
- Reviews certification and accreditation (C&A) documentation, providing feedback on completeness and compliance of its content.
- Applies system security engineering expertise in one or more of the following to: system security design process; engineering life cycle; information domain; cross domain solutions; commercial off-the-shelf and government off-the-shelf cryptography; identification; authentication; and authorization; system integration; risk management; intrusion detection; contingency planning; incident handling; configuration control; change management; auditing; certification and accreditation process; principles of IA (confidentiality, integrity, non-repudiation, availability, and access control); and security testing.
- Support security authorization activities in compliance with NSA/CSS Information System Certification and Accreditation Process (NISCAP) and DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) process, the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) process, and prescribed NSA/CSS business processes for security engineering.
- Candidate may be required to respond to after-hours requests as required in a 24 x 7 environment.
TS/SCI with Full Scope PolygraphBaseline Certification:
DoD 8570 Compliance with IASAE level 2 is required. CISSP certification is required.Education/Years of Experience:
Fourteen (14) years' experience as an ISSE on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional ISSE experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.COVID Vaccination:
As required by Executive Order 14042 and the guidance provided by the Federal Workforce Task Force, all federal contractor employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If selected, you will be required to be submit proof of vaccination before your start date with IMG. IMG will provide additional information regarding what information or documentation will be needed and how you can request an exception from this requirement.IMG COMPANY BENEFITS
Information Management Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Short term and long term disability insurance
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- 15 days of personal leave plus paid federal holidays
- Professional development and training assistance