Please review the job details below.
Maxar is looking for a Systems Security Engineer to be part of our team, to help turn this complex problem into a real solution for an important Intelligence Community customer. Are you excited by the possibilities presented by data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence? Do you have the drive to contribute to our nation's security? In an increasingly data-rich environment, threats to our country are harder to detect and require the augmentation of intelligence by machines. We are looking to build a team of motivated software developers and training data specialists to make the customer's vision a reality.Life with UsYour Career:
We're very serious about professional development and continuing education. We offer everyone the opportunity to define their own career trajectory. Our group has some amazing resources at its disposal specifically for this purpose. You will work with your direct supervisor, and/or a mentor, to set appropriate goals and design a plan to help you make consistent progress.We offer:
Dedicated professional development time; conference attendance; corporate partner and industry training; peer groups; paid certifications; education reimbursement; student loan forgiveness; Hackathons!; and much more...Day-to-day with your colleagues:
As an Information Systems Security Engineer you will provide technical direction for system accreditation through the development, engineering, integration, and testing of all components of complex systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting requirements reviews, developing concepts of operations and interface standards, system architectures and performing assessment and management.Minimum Requirements:
- Must have a current/active TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or four years of additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years of relevant experience
- Five (5) or more years experience maintaining the security posture of computing environments, including cloud environments
- Experience managing the full lifecycle of, and workflows for, security accreditation projects under the ICD503 Rev. 4 framework
- Extensive knowledge of information system security policies, and risk management framework
- Five (5) or more years experience creating and maintaining security system plans (SSP) and other security-relevant documentation for computing systems and applications
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage with Information System Security Managers to ensure security compliance of systems
- Experience obtaining IC reciprocity for at least one security accreditation project
#cjpostMaxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.