Peraton is looking for an Information Systems Security Engineer
who will be responsible for support of the Space Network Ground Segment Sustainment (SGSS)
project. The position is located at the NASA White Sands Complex in Las Cruces, NM.
Peraton is the prime contractor for NASA at the White Sands Complex (WSC) near Las Cruces, New Mexico. Operating here are two functionally identical satellite ground terminals: The White Sands Ground Terminal, and the Second TDRSS Ground Terminal. These ground terminals ensure uninterrupted communications between various ground stations, NASA's orbiting fleet of Tracking and Data Relay Satellites (TDRS), customer spacecraft (satellites), and the computer systems that support such spacecraft. WSC serves as an interface for distributing satellite data to control centers and scientists who then use the daily influx of data to expand our ever-growing knowledge of the Earth and the universe.This position will be responsible for:
- Maintains an Enterprise level Information Technology system of access control, intrusion detection, and the associated physical, electronic, and technical security elements.
- Performs, or reviews, technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Validates and verifies system security requirements definitions and analysis, establishes system security designs.
- Designs, develops, implements and/or integrates IA and security systems and system components including those for networking, computing, and enclave environments to include those with multiple enclaves and with differing data protection/classification environments.
- Builds IA into systems deployed to operational environments.
- Perform system scans and convey mitigation strategies to engineering staff.
- Participate as a security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design, development, implementation, and/or integration of secure networking, computing, and enclave environments.
- Apply knowledge of IA policy, procedures, and workforce structure to design, develop, and implement secure networking, computing, and enclave environments.
- Support security planning, assessment, risk analysis, and risk management.
- Recommend system-level solutions to resolve security requirements.
- Interact with customers, IT staff, and corporate officers to define and achieve required IA objectives.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- At least two years' experience serving in the role of ISSE, or Information System Security Analyst.
- Security clearance - this position requires the candidate to be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
- Already possess an active Secret security clearance.
- At least 2 years' experience serving in the role of an ISSO
- Possess a Security+ certification
- Possess a CISSP certification
- Have experience in a large-scale, dynamic environment requiring immediate response and a strong sense of urgency
- Have a working, fundamental knowledge of networking and system administration concepts
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world's leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our 22,000 employees do the can't be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.