Dogwood Management Partners is seeking an experienced cyber security professional for a full-time position we have open in Pueblo, CO. The position is working under a federal government program and requires someone capable of clearing a federal background investigation without issue. This full-time support role is expected to be needed starting early to mid-November and lasting at least until summer / fall of 2020. Position can be set up on an hourly or salary basis.
Candidates must be Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.s or Permanent Residents
No third party candidates please
- 5 to 8 years of related experience in IT Cyber security administration.
- Must have practical experience with FISMA / NIST / government security requirements.
- Firsthand experience implementing Physical & Environmental as well as Personnel Security controls preferred
- To be considered for work, A CANDIDATE MUST BE EITHER A U.S. CITIZEN OR PERMANENT RESIDENT ALIEN
- Bachelor s Degree in related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
- Security certification demonstrating breadth of understanding preferred; willing to complete security training for FSO duties and responsibilities within 3 months of hire.
This position is the Site Security Officer Representative at an operational site who leads security operations at the assigned location.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the position include but not limited to the following:
- Conducts regular assessments of site implementation of FISMA controls to support Continuous Monitoring.
- Performs computer security Incident Response activities for a site, coordinates with virtual security team to record and report incidents.
- Provides security expertise in FISMA, OMB, NIST and federal government requirements to support IT Security and Privacy compliance.
- Leads execution of ATO and POA&M activities at the site, developing all supporting documentation to demonstrate resolution.
- Supports vulnerability management and responds to vulnerability reports for applicability at the site, taking remedial actions.
- Supports implementation of Physical and Environmental as well as Personnel Security controls at the site.
- Provides hands-on support to employees seeking clearance / EOD.
- Supports other Assessment and Authorization activities.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and security trends.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Reviews Computer Security Plan and implement actions which accurately reflects the security protection measures for each unclassified information system.
- Works closely with the System Administrator and engineers to maintain the system's security and accreditation status.
- Implements site procedures for marking, handling, and controlling, removing, transporting, sanitizing, reusing, and destroying media/equipment containing unclassified information.
- Work with Asset Managers and Facility Security personnel to monitoring changes to the unclassified system components, environment, and location, including temporary relocation to another unclassified area.
- Serves as an informational resource to users for all I.T. and Physical security questions concerning site security.
- Audit users' access requests for approval and revocations regarding controls users' access.
- Ensures users are instructed on the appropriate use of computer systems.
- Perform security debriefings.
Dogwood has been consulting on Cyber Security and related IT services for commercial clients and federal agencies since 2001. We owe our success to the professionals we have been fortunate enough to hire and retain to perform to the standards set forth by leadership within our commercial clients and the federal government. For this reason, we seek only those candidates with the highest ethical standards who meet the experience requirements for the security obligations we have been entrusted with.
All responses will be held in confidence.
Dogwood Management Partners, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, Veterans, Service Disabled Veterans, and those with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
With the subject line 1759 ISSO Pueblo
please apply to with an updated word doc resume.