Information Systems Security Technician - SPLUNK Administrator
Do you enjoy working with cutting edge technology to solve tough problems? Our teams at Deloitte are comprised of deeply passionate and experienced professionals who guide clients through their most complex technology challenges.If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to work with clients through critical issues, consider at Deloitte. Work you'll do Position Description:
As part of our team supporting a client in Radford, VA, Resource shall provide information systems security engineering assistance consisting of the following tasks:
- Deploy, install, manage, and operate SPLUNK Enterprise Security.
- Deploy, install, manage, and operate file integrity monitoring systems.
- Deploy, install, manage, and operate Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems.
- Customize and create rules and signatures for IDS/IPS to meet emerging vulnerabilities and provide enhanced detection capabilities.
- Perform daily vulnerability check using multiple intelligence gathering sources and provide written summaries of threat and vulnerability information.
- Assist in the preparation of network infrastructure specifications or designs incorporating required information security features.
- Provide SPLUNK Enterprise Security Platform design support.
- Update and/or assist the hosted system's personnel in updating artifacts of the Risk Management Framework (RMF); i.e., system diagram (logical and physical) Hardware/Software/Firmware Inventory, Interface & Ports, Protocols and Services listing, etc.
Our Systems Engineering team delivers large-scale software applications and integrated systems, and assists clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. We develop service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems, and we deliver technology enablement to support CIO services transformation.
Systems Engineering professionals focus on key client issues that impact the core business by maximizing operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation. Our teams deliver a wide range of services, including application architecture design and optimization, application modernization, business process management and solution integration, custom application design and development, and large-scale technology delivery program efforts. Qualifications Required:
- Active Secret Clearance
- Bachelor's degree
- DoD 8570.1M IAM level 2 is required (i.e., CISSP)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
How you'll grow
- A total of at least 4 years of experience in CyberSecurity (aka, Information Assurance)and Splunk administrationperforming the above specified tasks
- Strong PCRE (regular expression) skills
- Experience utilizing best practices for getting data into Splunk and the Common Information Model
- Experience with working in a large enterprise environment
- Knowledge of enterprise logging, including application, OS, and security technology logging
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.