SAIC is seeking an Information Technology Network Engineer on the NASA OMES II contract in support of the Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) program at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. The position is located in Greenbelt, MD.
The Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) is the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's (NOAA) next-generation operational Earth observation program that acquires and distributes global environmental data primarily from multiple polar-orbiting satellites. The program plays a critical role to NOAA's mission to understand and predict changes in weather, climate, oceans and coasts, and the space environment, which support the Nation's economy and protect lives and property.
The candidate shall assist in the oversight of development and maintenance activities for the information technology infrastructure for the JPSS Common Ground System. This will be a position on the System Engineer Integration & Test team responsible for the verification of ground system requirements. The scope of work will expand out to other IPTs as needed such as the Command Control and Communications team and the Data Processing team.
- Maintain and control computer networks and related computing environments together with structures software, programs software, hardware, and configurations.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve software, hardware, and other network and system problems.
- Monitor overall network performance for accuracy.
- Review and provide guidance on configuration of routing and switching equipment.
- Works in tandem with project System Administrators to implement directorate requirements for security control and validation.
- Performs system hardware research, development, design, and implementation. Makes recommendations for procurement of hardware and applications relative to the requirements of the project. Ensures that all hardware and software is compliant with agency requirements and cleared for purchasing.
- Provide support in development, maintenance, and follow through of schedules. Be able to maintain tight deadlines on implementation of required support environments.
- Design and development of innovative solutions that are reliable, scalable and configurable.
- Assist with the development of new concepts, methodologies, technologies, automated workflow solutions, products, and tools to meet customer needs.
- Build solid working relationships across the agency through interactions with a diverse team.
- Support organization IT Security initiatives, as required, and ensure all systems are compliance with directorate standards.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in meteorology, computer science, or a related science or systems engineering field of study and 9 years of relevant experience.
- Virtualization solutions, local and site networks, and IT security.
- User and account management, including the definition, verification, and validation of assigned user roles.
- Relevant experience and familiarization with system architecture and organizational structures.
- Knowledge of and work consistent with industry best practices in accordance with government regulations.
- Proficiency with operating systems across various platforms and versions (RHEL and Ubuntu Linux, OS X/macOS, and Windows) and familiarization with interoperability methodologies.
- Knowledge of continuous integration (CI) services, software configuration management (CM), and bug/issue tracking systems.
My SAIC Benefits.