Data Systems Analysts, Inc. is searching for multiple Project Managers for our location in Fort Meade, MD.
The Project Manager will integrate tightly into a Government team where the individual staff members are all expert in their subject areas. This position requires PM's who can quickly adapt to rapidly changing priorities, identify and help develop integration between various efforts; experienced in identifying the customer base from which to gather clear, concise requirements, and can provide tactical and strategic analysis of changes to be considered on activity prioritization and impact on other Government work priorities. The PM's must embody the key disciplines and methodologies such as those outlined i the Project Management lnstitute's (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK ), knowledgeable of Agile Development processes and the newer Scaled Agile Framework, understand or be certified in Lean Six Sigma/ Continuous Process Improvement, and understand and have participated in programs and companies that adhere to the Carnegie Mellon University Software Engineering Institute's (SEI), Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI).
The PMI, closely integrated with the Government counterpart, will have primary ownership of the project deliverables and will provide day-to-day direction to the project team. They will be responsible for developing the detailed project schedule and ensuring all tasks are completed on-time and within budget. The PM will also be the prime spokesperson to management on project related matters, will identify and resolve project issues, provides analytical and technical thinking across multiple areas, and evaluates risk associated with planning and integrating moderate to significant scope changes. The PM will be responsible for integrating all aspects of the project plan to include Schedule Management, Budget and Cost Management, Acquisition & Procurement Support, Communication Support, and Risk Management.
This work is expected to be accomplished from a Fort Meade, MD Government location or contractor facility with potential infrequent local travel to a Virginia Government location.
- Demonstrated experience managing portfolios of projects and the associated tasks
- Highly experienced in the statutory and regulatory requirements for Acquisition Category programs
- Experience designing, implementing, and managing services, program management activities, and the physical move of hardware
- Experience in providing key messaging across teams and to external stakeholders in a clear, concise, easily understandable manner
- Experience developing Integrated Master Plans and Integrated Master Schedule, resourcing the schedule, and managing to the agree upon schedule
- Knowledge of the Work Breakdown Structure contained in MIL-STD-881d, Appendix J and experience developing a plan and schedule using the WBS for both investment and sustainment
- Experience supporting programs using Agile Development processes and/or Scaled Agile Framework
- Experience with programs using the Architectural Runway concept from SAFe
- Experience working with Epic definitions and knowledge of how the Epic can be broke down into many Stories* Ability to facilitate Senior Leaders meetings at the GO/FO and SES levels
- Experience supporting Government Program Management Staff in the preparation of deliverables, internal reports, briefings, and architectural drawings
- Experience advising Senior Leaders on the impact of changes, tactical and strategic, to external stakeholders and interest groups with recommendations on courses of action to minimize the impact
- Develop and brief analysis of activity prioritization and sequencing of changes to government work or contracts
- Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with multiple Contractor teams supporting development, integration, sustainment, and security tasks
- Been exposed to the PPBE process and understand how to evaluatie budgetary changes and funding decisions at the tactical and strategic level
- SECRET CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED
Desired is the following:
- Must be a strong and effective leader with the aptitude to manage and affect results
- Must have very strong organizational, writing and presentation skills, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently, as well as be a team player
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple competing priorities
- Lean Six Sigma certification
- Scrum Master certification
Education requirements are:
MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE DOD SECRET CLEARANCE ; this will be verified prior to interview. Therefore, only US Citizens can be considered for this position.
- A B.S degree (Information Technology or Business Management preferrred) and current PMP with 3-5 years of project management experience; DAWIA Level 2 certification in Program Management, Contracting, or Information Technology and requisite experience in that Level 2 capacity
- Has specific experience with the personnel security mission and industrial security mission
Founded in 1963, Data Systems Analysts, Inc. (DSA) has been providing Defense and Federal Government customers' business-driven Information Technology and consulting solutions and services for more than 50 years. DSA's people excel in helping our customers achieve sensitive, mission-critical business goals and objectives. DSA is a 100 percent employee-owned company: every employee has a stake in the success of our company and our customers. Our culture embraces training and development opportunities that include leadership programs, employee networks, continued education, and much more. We recognize that building expertise in your profession benefits everyone, and our leadership training programs help employees better manage their projects, inspire coworkers and customers to action, and reinforce DSA's guiding principles
We also value the unique combination of skills, abilities, aspirations, and backgrounds of every individual our diversity makes us stronger. We are 100 percent employee-owned through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).DSA employees receive customizable benefits that are highly competitive in each local market that include a Vanguard 401K. DSA provides equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status; race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth or related condition, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status.
DSA will provide necessary reasonable accommodation to ensure that an individual with a disability who is not able to fully utilize DSA's online job application system is provided with equal opportunity to apply and be considered for all jobs. If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email HR @dsainc.com
or call 1-877-422-4372.