req1879 Job Title:
Infra Analyst-Mdlware Tool Spt Number of Openings:
2 Job Category:
Professional/Technical Employment Type:
Regular Full-Time Shift:
Not Required Location:
Bloomington, IL Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs planning, consulting, technical analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and daily support of all application software (e.g. Middleware, Web Technologies, Client Server Language, Decision Support etc.) for all platforms within State Farm's infrastructure and systems
- Integrates and manages middleware and software tools within the various computing platforms
- Develops and implements solutions to ensure stable and available computing environments
- Researches infrastructure software, tools, and emerging technology
- Develops and implements policies, strategies, guidelines, standards, and procedures related to infrastructure
- Develops processes and tools for managing the infrastructure
- Monitors and supports the environment in accordance with service level expectations
- Basic knowledge of one or more infrastructure technologies
- Ability to teach and or train others on infrastructure technology
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Analytical skills
The candidate for this position will work on the System Produced Document Services team. This team provides services that enable collection, storage, management and access to documents/reports that are system produced. The services provided are on both mainframe (Host) and distributed server system environments. Control-D (from BMC Software, Inc.) is the primary software application used to provide these report management services to State Farm. In-house written software components (e.g. utilities, processes, JCL, exits, etc.) have been developed and implemented to enable this software to provide the necessary functionality in the IBM host mainframe environment. The host environment integrates with the distributed/Web environments to provide the Control-D report management application to State Farm business partners. Key users of this application include: Agents / Agent team members, Claims, Auto/Fire, Bank and Life.
Duties to be performed:
• 3rd level support of incidents
• Change Management
• Problem analysis, trouble-shooting, and problem resolution
• Collaborate with business partners on issues and solutions
• Deliver upgrades, fix packs
• Provide “after-hours” support
• Work closely with vendor on defect resolution and enhancements requested within the application
• Develop and maintain technical documentation and training materials.
• Admin support duties to include building/changing report definitions and handling Admin related service tickets.
Other Desired Skills:
• BMC Control D experience desired
• IBM host-environment experience, skills, and background
• Broad knowledge of legacy COBOL, PL/1, JCL, KSL.
• Ability to research, evaluate, test, and implement technical solutions.
• Experience or an interest in the service aspect of implementation and support of a vendor product.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to effectively understand and communicate complex issues.
• Ability to work well within a team environment.
• Some knowledge of Windows Server, IIS and Web Server administration (WebSphere, JBOSS, Apache, or similar) (desired but not required)
This position will have an 18-month incumbency period for a lateral move and a 6-month incumbency period for a promotional opportunity (beginning on the effective date of the position) which must be met before the employee can post for any other State Farm position. The incumbency period does not affect the at-will relationship between State Farm and the employee and does not create an employment contract, nor contractual rights.