SHIFT: Day Job
Your innovation. Our impact . At Anthem, Inc.
, it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater health for our communities, and greater experiences for our customers. Innovation is a top priority. Here, you'll have an opportunity to work in a collaborative environment that brings together industry leaders and technology experts, so together we can drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to create solutions and programs that can truly make a difference at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company. At this time, Anthem will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Title: Sr. IT Process Analyst - Service Now Configuration Management & Discovery
Location: Richmond VA or Atlanta GA
The Senior IT process analyst is responsible for the overall governance and operation of the configuration management database (CMDB). The role will assist in building the architecture, processes, automation, training, and auditing required to expertly operate the CMDB and Discovery Capabilities. What You Will Do:
- Assist with developing the global CMDB architecture and executing the development and promotion of CMDB process and policies across the company.
- Provide domain expertise related to CMDB management to asset owners and partners across the organization
- Create, update, and maintain CMDB records including their relationships and interdependencies.
- Mentor other team members on discovery and configuration management processes and procedures.
- Proactively identify problem areas related to the CMDB and develop solutions to a well-functioning and accurate CMDB.
- Develop CMDB related automation to reduce manual work and increase the efficiency of the system.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
- Requires Bachelor's degree in related field; 5 to 8 years of experience required in a support and operations role in any of the following areas:
- 3+ years CMDB operational experience in a large environment utilizing ServiceNow. Experience working on Orlando version is preferred. Will consider candidates with experience on Miami or New York version.
- Experience working on Service Now's Configuration management module is required. Discovery is required and Asset management is nice to have.
- 1.5+ years' experience performing Application and Service Mapping
- Current certifications preferred in any of the following: ITIL v3 or any ServiceNow certification related to service management, asset management, or service mapping.
- Experience developing application and infrastructure relationships in all areas including applications, databases, workstations, servers, network devices, storage devices.
- Significant knowledge of CMDB management including implementation, normalization/reconciliation, and maintenance.
- Experience developing analytics and metrics and utilize those analytics to drive improvements and change within a large organization.
- Understanding of the ServiceNow Common Service Data Model (CSDM) and ability to map applications, services and configuration items based on the model.
- Experience integrating discovery and inventory tools with ServiceNow such as ServiceNow Discovery, SCCM, and VMware.
- Experience handling ServiceNow Discovery with a solid grasp of mid-servers, deployment, and issue management when processes do not work.
- Experience building, modifying, and troubleshooting patterns/probes for discovery of network devices, servers, mainframe, and enterprise infrastructure.