Responsible for the design and execution of security solutions based on corporate security policies, audit requirements, and best practices. They collaborate primarily with the Corporate Security Group to receive guidance and provide recommendations. Additionally, they work with the enterprise architect team, infrastructure admin teams, and risk management teams to implement technologies and automation that will enforce and govern the security requirements of Nelnet systems. When implementing solutions they collaborate with leadership, cloud engineers, and infrastructure engineers to build, maintain, and evaluate.
Bachelor's degree in Information Science or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate at strategic and tactical levels
- Prior experience in financial services industry is a plus
- Must have deep understanding of core security principles and security best practices of user identity and access management.
- Have deep understanding of how to do these things in the following: AWS Cloud, Azure, and Active Directory.
- Expected to evaluate and learn new features and changes to services such as AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC), AWS Config, AWS CloudTrail, AWS Key Management Service (AWS KMS), AWS CloudHSM, and AWS Trusted Advisor.
- Must understand smart card authentication principles.
- Deep understanding of PKI, certificate, and general encryption mechanisms and applications.
- Must have the aptitude to review current processes and determine how to implement better security controls and governance via automation, scripting, using highly repeatable, programmatic design.
- Prior experience working with Perl, Bash, Python, XML, REST API, and JSON is desired
- Understand how to use logging to manage and govern a security model.
- Knowledge of Splunk or Elasticsearch is a bonus
- Demonstrated ability to identify and learn new services, tools, or scripting languages to help automate, monitor, and manage security operations on AWS, Azure, or Active Directory.
- Understanding of security incident response procedures.
- Understand the AWS shared security responsibility model
- IT Security certifications required: CISSP or GIAC equivalent
- AWS certifications desired: AWS Solution Architect, AWS Certified Security - Specialty
NO THIRD PARTIES, NO SUB-CONTRACTORS, NO CORP to CORP, NO H1's
Data Resource Technologies Inc. is an Information Technology Staffing Firm serving the markets of the United States of America; the greatest country in the world. We work with Direct Clients Only and do not participate in multi layer contracts. Earn The Most Possible and put over 60 years of Information Technology Industry experience to work for you today, Call or Apply NOW!!!