IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
The individual should have experience in analyzing, comparing, designing, and continually improving mission-driven IT infrastructure architecture solutions using: - Server hardware and associated operating systems with a focus on Intel technology, Microsoft Windows Server/Active Directory, RedHat Linux - Virtualization technology on Intel platforms, especially VMware vSphere and Citrix XenApp; Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) technology including VMware and Citrix technologies - Client workstations, laptops, tablets, SmartPhones with focus on Windows, MacOS, RedHat, and iOS - Networking solutions including routers, switches, load balancers, and wireless with focus on Cisco and Riverbed; DNS and DHCP with focus on Infoblox and Citrix NetScaler;
- Security devices including firewalls and intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS/IPS) (focus on Cisco and Juniper)
- Security applications including anti-virus, syslog, security analysis, data loss protection tools and knowledge of Trusted Internet Connections (TIC) standards/implementation (focus on Splunk, McAfee, TripWire, Tenable Nessus, and Symantec)
- Storage subsystems and network fabrics including SAN, NAS devices, storage switches, iSCSI and Fibre Channel, along with storage management/monitoring tools and backup technologies (focus on NetApp technologies)
- Enterprise Capacity Management and System Monitoring solutions (monitoring and event management) for network, server, storage and security devices (firewalls) (focus on IBM Tivoli Monitoring)
- Enterprise database solutions (focus on Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server)
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions (focus on MaaS360)
- Master Data Management solutions (focus on Informatica)
- On-contract growth Task Order Modifications with Client and third-party Engineering teams
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Government security clearance of Secret. The work location for this position is Arlington, VA (Crystal City)
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
State / Province
City / Township / Village
IBM Business Group
Primary job category
Secondary Job Category
Role ( Job Role )
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
High School Diploma/GED
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.