We are looking for an Infrastructure Architect for our direct client at Herndon, VA. Interested candidate may submit their resume in word format. The details of the Job Description are given hereunder.
Technology Architect plays a lead role in the delivery of agile, safe and sound technology designs and solutions, in accordance with enterprise architecture, infrastructure and security standards to meet stakeholder requirements
- Strong knowledge/experience of the technology architecture
- Very strong knowledge of Network, Compute and Storage related technologies
- Network: Routing, Load balancing, IPSEC
- Compute: x86 architecture, Virtualization, HA solutions, CITRIX, Virtual Desktops
- Storage: Block Storage, Shared File Systems, Object storage, Replication, Backup
- 3 tier Web/App/DB Platforms
- Web: Apache HTTP Server, IIS, etc
- App: JBOSS, Tomcat/tcServer, Weblogic, .NET
- DB: Oracle, MS SQL, My SQL and related technologies (ex: RAC, Replication)
- SoA platforms (Enterprise Messaging Service, Web Services, API Gateways etc.) – TIBCO Preferred.
- Enterprise Shared services such as Directory Services (AD/LDAP), File Transfer Services (MFT/SFTP etc.), Scheduling Services (Autosys etc.), Business Rules Management Services (ILOG etc.), Business Process Management Services (IBM BPM etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Resiliency and Recovery (RTO, RPO, Uptime, Durability, Replication, Backup/Restore, etc.) across infrastructure and platform components
- Experience developing multi-tier, open system architectures involving Java, .Net, and associated Frameworks, libraries, middleware (messaging systems, ESB) and common services (Authentication, Logging, Monitoring and data exchange)
- Proven knowledge in web-based systems architecture, service-based architecture, enterprise application architecture and understanding of Web Service API's for integration purposes.
- Experience in assessing architecture quality and resiliency viz. scalability, availability, throughput, failover, etc.
- Ability to document Frameworks, Patterns, Guidelines with little to no supervision.
- Ability to use EA tools like MEGA for documenting and organizing architecture artifacts
- Experience using architecture frameworks such as TOGAF, Zachman, FEA etc.
- Experience working with Architecture Modeling Tools such as MEGA HOPEX, Systems Architect, Troux etc.
- Strong knowledge/experience of cloud
- AWS: IaaS and PaaS : Good knowledge of AWS Service Catalog and experience in using AWS (VPC, Instances, AMIs, EBS, ELB, KMS/Encryption, RDS, S3, Lambda, Cloud Formation, Elastic Beanstalk, etc)
- Core Technology Services (ex: Encryption, IAM, Monitoring, etc)
- Hybrid deployments (On-Prem + Cloud) – Emphasis on integration
- Very strong presentation skills – both verbal and written. PowerPoint and Visio skills a must.
- Architecture Certifications (TOGAF, AWS Architecture, etc) preferred
- Develop architecture documentation, blueprints, design decisions with applicable alternatives/ options and rationale on prescribed decisions
- Candidate will be involved in Review of Scope and Requirements documents from customers, and assist in development of design, solution and implementation
- Candidate will work with technology partners in developing standards and patterns for different deployment scenarios. Where capabilities do not exist, candidate will assist in conducting PoC exercises with relevant stakeholders to evaluate and certify capabilities
- Understand non-functional requirements, and create performance metrics and traceability maps to determine the effectiveness and resiliency of architecture solutions in being able to meet key KPIs and SLAs
- Candidate will work with Portfolio Architects and Technology partners in developing roadmaps for building new workloads or migrating existing workloads in to different environments, including cloud
- Candidate will assist customers in evaluating workloads and doing suitability analysis for on-prem, hybrid or cloud deployments
- Candidate will use MEGA tool for developing, storing and managing architecture, design and solution patterns, blueprints and other design artifacts.
- 8.As needed, candidate may be required to perform deep dives into existing enterprise shared services such as ESB, Rules, BPM, Directory Services etc., platforms and related applications to provide recommendations to ensure safety, soundness and future extensibility of these services.
- Keep abreast of relevant enterprise guidelines and standards, architecture best practices, patterns, developments in technology
Education: Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or better
- 12+ years of Information Technology experience
- 7+ Years of Shared Services Experience
- 5+ years of Enterprise Architecture experience
- 6+ years of experience in the infrastructure architecture
- 2+ years of cloud implementation/integration experience
Travel: Minimal to none (usually within the DC region)
NOTES: No phone calls please. Candidates with financial industry experience and from local area are preferred. May be required to attend an in-person interview at their own expense.