Job Title: Infrastructure Dev Ops Engineer
Job Description: We are looking for a passionate, motivated and skilled person to join a forward-looking Infrastructure Development and Operations (DevOps) team that will define, develop, integrate, test, and deploy enhancements to complex Undersea Warfare (USW) systems at our customer location in Manassas, VA. In this role, your efforts will support a greater team of hundreds of engineers and other users that depend on the performance, reliability and productivity of the resources and work environments provided by our team. The Infrastructure DevOps team helps to establish, maintain, and produce the systems critical to our customers' mission successes.
- Visionary mindset to help move us forward on our DevOps processes.
- Experience in defining system architecture and implementation of medium-to-large distributed computing environments.
- Experience configuring, building, installing, and troubleshooting system builds of source software and COTS/FOSS products.
- Proficiency with build tools such as Maven, Gradle, and Bazel.
- Ability to author and maintain complex scripts using Python, Bash and/or other scripting languages.
- Expertise with the administration of Linux.
- Experience with Cyber Security (Information Assurance) principles and operations.
- Proficiency in use and maintenance of common DevOps tools such as Puppet, Jenkins, Git, Ansible, Chef, Tomcat.
- Proficiency in application, operation, and maintenance of Docker, KVM, and Open vSwitch.
- Familiarity with agile concepts and supporting tools for an agile framework.
- Experience in database administration and query languages.
- Software development experience with C, C++, and/or Java.
- Proficiency with NetApp and knowledge of cloud architecture. Understanding of network architecture and protocols.
- Hands-on with typical server hardware configuration and maintenance.
- Attention to detail, compliance with defined processes, and the ability to function as a part of a larger effort are crucial.
- Deadline driven and focused on contract deliverables, accepts demanding tasking while remaining flexible in order to work in an environment of changing priorities and direction.
- Team player that takes ownership and develops relationships with the team members which fosters team success.
- Task driven and proactive self-starter who can work on their own with very little oversight.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Additional requirements include:
- 3 or more year’s current experience in an infrastructure support and Dev Ops role
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in Computer Science or related engineering discipline.
- Secret clearance required (Candidate must be U.S. citizen with an active DoD Secret level security clearance).
Job Location: Manassas, VA.
Contract Term: Full-Time Employment, 40 hours/week.
Start Date: Negotiable
Gromelski and Associates is a proud Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/ Female/Disability/Veteran. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.