GS Business Solutions is committed to helping you, as an esteemed IT Professional, find the next right step in your career. We match professionals like you to rewarding consulting or full-time opportunities in your area of expertise. We are currently seeking Technical Professionals who are searching for challenging and rewarding jobs for the following opportunity:
Our growing National Financial client located in Orange County and Los Angeles County is looking to hire a PERMANENT dynamic Infrastructure Engineer that can hit the ground running with the ability to help modernize and consolidate Infrastructure as well as automate workloads. The ideal candidate is proficient in On Prem and Cloud environments with Azure and AWS expertise in both design and deployment. The Infrastructure Engineer role will be responsible for all routine tasks required to design, maintain and support the hybrid on-prem and cloud hosted Active Directory and O365 environments. Successful candidate will have specific experience and emphasis on cloud technologies (e.g., MS O365, Azure, AWS) and virtualization technologies (e.g. VMware, Hyper-V, Veeam) and Identity and Access Management (e.g., Okta SSO/MFA, ADFS, SAML, etc.). 90% Windows environment.
*Some future knowledge of Terraform for provisioning AWS resources is also highly regarded for this particular position.
Where You're Located: Must be willing to commute to Irvine CA or Beverley Hills/ Culver City/ La Cienega/ Pacific Palisades offices. This is not 100% REMOTE, 2-3 days in an office will be required.
- Experience with hybrid on-prem and cloud hosted Active Directory and O365
- Cloud experience is a must - preferably 3 + years (1st preference Azure/ Azure & AWS ideal) implementing Azure Cloud Services (Azure Administrator or Developer preferred) or AWS Cloud Services (Cloud Practitioner Certificate preferred) Ability to build out AWS and Terraform with high redundancy and multiple availability zones ideal.
- Knowledge and experience supporting compute, storage, and network technology as an integrated stack, with a focus on Dell compute, VMware virtualization, Hyper V, EMC/Compellent SAN Storage. (e.g. LUN (de)provisioning and snapshot management, etc.)
- Solid understanding of networking fundamentals (VLANs, DNS, NAT, BGP, MPLS)
- Familiarity with tools like Azure DevOps, Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.
- Proficiency with the following scripting languages: Python, Bash, PowerShell with additional skill or desire in Implementing and scripting in Terraform a big plus
- Highly Security Conscious and best practices. Ability to deploy some encryption and have some exposure to regulated/ audited environments helpful
- Strong Automation experience and mentality
- Comfortable with building CI/CD pipelines, Docker, Kubernetes a plus Infrastructure Design (EC2, RDS, ELB etc.). Ability to build CI/CD pipelines and elasticity from scratch ideal.
- Ability to collaborate with a small team of Engineers and Operators
- Knowledge of integrating version control processes supporting IT change management processes for administrating infrastructure configurations and code.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to work part time in a commercial office environment and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: PC, internet, copier, telephone, etc.
- Some regional travel is required.
- Design and implement enterprise and cloud IT infrastructure solutions in VMware, Amazon Web Services and Azure environments.
- Provision and administer Infrastructure as code using best practices for enterprises across multiple public cloud offerings and on-premise environments.
- Analyze, design and optimize enterprise level Active Directory service in a hybrid on-premises and cloud hosted environment
- Perform complex scripting tasks to automate and ensure exact and consistent execution of tasks
- Access and prepare recommendations concerning the configuration, operation and performance of the infrastructure environments in order to assure system security, stability and performance.
- Implement, operate, and troubleshoot the automation and monitoring of systems to maximize performance and availability.
- Manage O365 users, groups, shared mailboxes
- Document procedures, configurations, trouble descriptions and problem resolutions using prescribed toolsets.
- Participate in a weekly on-call rotation for our production systems.
- Participate in M&A, Site buildout activities as needed.
- Provide escalation support to helpdesk staff.
About CGS Business Solutions:
CGS specializes in IT business solutions, staffing and consulting services. With a strong focus in IT Applications, Network Infrastructure, Information Security, and Engineering. CGS is an INC 5000 company and is honored to be selected as one of the Best IT Recruitment Firms in California. After five consecutive Fastest Growing Company titles, CGS continues to break into new markets across the USA. Companies are counting on CGS to attract and help retain these resource pools in order to gain a competitive advantage the rapidly changing business environments.