U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Seeking an individual for Infrastructure Engineer position is responsible for the operations of secure and highly available computing platforms, servers, and networks. Will have hands-on experience with installs, maintenance, upgrade, and continuously improve the operating environment. Will also oversee and maintain the ongoing reliability, performance, and support of the infrastructure.
The responsibility includes:
Monitoring the operating environments; responding to incidents, problems, and planning for growth. This position also responsible for the overall operation and maintenance of the data center, deploy new technologies as well as design, install, configure, maintain and perform testing of PC/server operating systems, networks, and related utilities and hardware.
Other responsibilities include troubleshooting problems as reported by users, supporting Web access and electronic messaging services and maintaining a secure systems environment. Provide infrastructure solutions based on application needs and anticipated growth, install new servers and maintain the infrastructure. The individual in this position need good communication skills and must be able to work collaboratively with clients and other technical colleagues. Have a strong customer service orientation to ensure that all service requests and incidents are resolved in a professional manner.
Share their expertise and provide individual training and support.
Infrastructure Engineers work with other technical staff and vendors to provide IT services to all customers and internal departments.
Responsibility and experience within this role
- Maintains, monitors, and supports the infrastructure environment and/or facilities.
- Leads enterprise base work initiatives and projects.
- Develops enhanced production monitoring and additional capability.
- Defines improvements in increased system reliability and performance.
- Supports multiple systems or applications of medium to highly complex with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity, and accessibility.
- Acts as the technical liaison between operations teams, engineers and architects, providing critical operational insight to upcoming implementations and strategies, including validation of ongoing solutions supportability.
- Participates in short- and long-term planning efforts with stakeholders and IT groups.
- Develops cost/time estimates.
- Documents discussion and agreements.
- Works with project managers to coordinate and plan project tasks and resources.
- Works with project teams to understand business needs.
- Works with engineers to understand technical requirements.
- Participates in business requirements meetings as needed.
- Communicates events to stakeholders, IT teams, and leadership
- Integrates solutions with other applications and platforms based on engineering requirements.
- Develops new alerts and monitoring techniques based on engineering requirements.
- Develops scripted solutions and automation.
- Coordinates development activities with other groups.
- Coordinates changes across multiple systems.
- Performs routine maintenance tasks for infrastructure systems such as backups, patch management, and hotfixes.
- Develops plans to manage the frequency of appropriate support package/patch application.
- Works with engineers on the requirements and provides recommendations for improvements.
- Reviews and certifies support documents.
- Forecasts utilization patterns and identifies modifications or upgrades.
- Performs capacity workload modeling and availability analysis for a variety of platforms and environments.
- Recommends changes/enhancements for improved systems availability, reliability, and performance.
- Determines the required course of action to improve performance and escalates when appropriate.
- Reviews performance and control reports.
- Recommends settings changes to the operating system to improve performance and reliability.
- Develops, maintains, recommends, documents, and supports tools and back-end utilities to provide capacity planning management.
- Monitors database performance and recommends changes.
- Leads or provides technical direction for the planning, designing, and execution of testing efforts.
- Validates test results.
- Ensures that tests evaluate all possible impacts on the current infrastructure or application.
- Tracks and monitors improvements to validate improvement results.
- Participates in the creation and maintenance of metrics around the system and institutes a process for continuous improvement.
- Performs reviews periodically with users and vendors.
- Defines and ensures continuous monitoring procedures are set according to the standard procedures and requirements.
- Creates a plan to evolve the system to reduce cost and improve system dynamics.
- Recommends and develops solutions for improvement of help desk procedures.
- Identifies ways tasks can be automated.
- Provides Level 2 production support.
- Coordinates problem resolution among a variety of functional areas and provides subject matter expertise support for diagnosing and resolving problems.
- Recommends and may implement software or hardware changes to rectify problems or address improvement opportunities.
- Reports security issues when appropriate and gathers required information.
- Makes recommendations to improve security and participates in investigations as needed.
- Ensures adherence to security requirements.
- Participates in the design, implementation, and execution of backup and disaster recovery plan for infrastructure solutions.
For an immediate response, email resume in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org