Aqueduct Technologies is seeking an Infrastructure Engineer for our customer in the Providence, RI area for a long-term contract. In this role, you will be responsible for the administration of our client’s server and network operating systems environments. This position will be focused on server/network operating environments including Windows, VMware, Unix, Linux. As the Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for the installation, maintenance and upgrade of hardware/software for these standard operating environments.
- Perform requirements definition and procurement of server solutions. Performs installation and configuration of server/storage-based systems per functional requirements within company and industry standard defined best practices.
- Manages ticket queues and responds to incident tickets received from the service desk. Monitors core infrastructure system compliance, performance and security logs, and escalates potential issues to more senior team members. Troubleshoots and resolves server and storage problems of both operating system and hardware level issues working with internal and external support resources as necessary. Troubleshoots basic server and storage issues by working in conjunction with other IS functional areas.
- Ensures compliance with established security practices. Ensures proper backup on assigned server and storage platforms and performs file level restores as required.
- Performs Operating System installations and upgrades including all software patches and security hot fixes. Follows established operating system and network services policies and procedures for the server environments. Under the defined parameters for server change management, assists application teams with upgrades of commercial and company proprietary software.
- Research, implement, and support third party software products running on Windows servers such as monitoring, patching and reporting applications.
- Generation of operational reports and creation/maintenance of documentation pertaining to server systems.
- Demonstrates a fundamental working knowledge of company’s business processes.
- Based on management direction and assigned tasks, plans and prioritizes daily workload and escalates issues to management in a timely fashion.
- Plan and executes small to mid-size technical projects within the server area.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills to achieve a cooperative working relationship both within the team and throughout the organization.
- CompTIA A+/Server+ Certification or equivalent experience for all server platform positions.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) preferred for Windows server roles.
- Administering PCs and/or servers and troubleshooting in an enterprise environment.
- Experience administering and troubleshooting VMWare vSphere environments
- Administering and troubleshooting Windows Server and Microsoft Active Directory.
- Administering and troubleshooting Storage environments.
- Managing IS projects of small to medium complexity.
Required Technical Skills:
- Strong knowledge of server and storage architecture and administration.
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory, and Linux.
- Conceptual understanding of database technologies.
- Experience building, deploying and troubleshooting PC or server hardware.
- Fundamental knowledge/experience with server and storage-based platforms, including understanding of data networking components and concepts.
- Strong automation skillset (Powershell/Bash/Python/Perl).
- Ability to stay abreast of current enterprise server technologies.
- Strong knowledge of at least one of the following areas: server operating systems, databases, storage, networks, application development.
- Strong knowledge of computer vulnerabilities, hacker methodologies and other threats.
- Strong MS Excel and reporting skills required. Experience using PowerBI strongly preferred
- Comprehensive understanding of at least one security, technical, or risk discipline.
- Experience working with vendors and resellers, handling vendor/reseller relationships, and bringing available resources to bear to solve problems or realize opportunities.
- Experience managing/leading projects and ability to produce any necessary artifacts.
Aqueduct Technologies, Inc. assists customers in finding top talent for their diverse staffing augmentation needs and providing technical solutions including deployment and support of advanced networking, systems, storage, and collaboration solutions to enable better business results. Aqueduct is one of the fastest growing IT services organization in the US, powered by our relentless pursuit of customer satisfaction, corporate culture, and employing the top 10% in the industry.