Senior Infrastructure Engineering Specialist Opportunities immediately available in Suitland, MD!
In this highly visible role you can expect to:
* Support the Systems Engineering & Integration Organization, Chief Program Engineer, Chief Program Architect, and Infrastructure Lead in assessing and supporting the IT infrastructure for the Program
* Participate in the Engineering Working Groups, which review and approve a Project's technical architecture and infrastructure, optimizing the use of hardware and software components
* Advise on the design, implementation, and support of IT infrastructure solutions, in addition to evaluating current systems (e.g., server and network performance)
* Collaborate with infrastructure providers to ensure delivery and set-up of environments and networks across all phases
* Support the assessment of networks to ensure they are reliable and capable of serving the end users' needs
Our Systems Engineering team delivers large-scale software applications and integrated systems, and assists clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. We develop service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems, and we deliver technology enablement to support CIO services transformation.
Systems Engineering professionals focus on key client issues that impact the core business by maximizing operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation. Our teams deliver a wide range of services, including application architecture design and optimization, application modernization, business process management and solution integration, custom application design and development, and large-scale technology delivery program efforts.
A minimum of 10 years of applicable experience coupled with a completed Bachelor's Degree and the following:
* Experience with infrastructure and operational systems from an architectural and advisory perspective
* Knowledge of cloud environments, either AWS or Azure
* Knowledge of DevOps processes, as well as related infrastructure automation, integration, and deployment tools
* Familiarity with waterfall or agile scrum SDLC methodologies
* Comfort with a high-degree of client and contractor in teraction
* U.S. Citizenship is required as is the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
* Knowledge of systems engineering and its applications
* Familiarity with large-scale IT programs
* Experience with meeting facilitation
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.