Role: IT Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Newark, NJ/New Orleans, LA/Baltimore, MD
Job type: FTE/Permanent
Summary: The Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for building and maintaining Client’s mission-critical infrastructure. In this hands-on position, the Infrastructure Engineer will regularly design wired and wireless networks in a variety of different locations. The Infrastructure Engineer will access and configure routers, firewalls, switches and other network devices as well as use a number of monitoring tools to ensure that stability and quality of the corporate network. They will also configure web servers, database servers, and support the enterprise storage architecture along with supporting and maintaining various hypervisors including VMWare ESX and Nutanix Acropolis.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, diagnose, and provide resolution to existing data and voice environments;
- Provide 24X7 second/third level of production support and participate in the diagnosis and resolution of Infrastructure related problems; Creates accounting reports for POLA as instructed in our operating agreement.
- Develop, maintain, and publish metrics of problem source, resolution, frequency, and closure rates.
- Administer and maintain the enterprise network and monitoring systems.
- Design, implement, and support facility infrastructure for different company locations.
- Develop and maintain current documentation for the entire network / server environment at all times
- Integrate new communications technologies into our environment.
- Plan, create, schedule, perform, and manage network activities in real-time, mission-critical operational environments
- Advanced troubleshooting of operational issues with Microsoft technologies including O365, SCCM, SQL Server, Exchange, Microsoft Clustering, Windows DNS/DHCP, Active Directory / GPO’s, and Microsoft Office products.
- Maintaining a Single Sign-On (SSO) infrastructure using AD Federation/SAML.
- Designs, implements, and manages critical infrastructure to maintain high availability in a 24x7x365 environment.
- Provide hands on support of Windows desktop and server operating system standards, management, deployment, data integrity and recoverability.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, diagnose, and provide resolution to existing server environments.
- Review all security bulletins released by vendors and plan regular maintenance windows while maintaining a stable production environment.
- Engineers and administers corporate data storage subsystems consisting of SAN, NAS, SMB, NFS, iSCSI, FCoE.
- Administers enterprise infrastructure monitoring systems (SolarWinds Orion, PRTG, Splunk, LanSweper, etc.).
Requirements (Education, Experience, Certifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience in a hands-on role providing network engineering and support.3+ years
- Experience in designing and maintaining small/enterprise scale networks
- Experience in designing and maintaining medium/large scale server architectures.
- Video streaming and audio/video conferencing experience
- 8 or more years of professional IT experience required.
- 2 or more years of experience in Production system support tools such as system monitoring, Orion, packet sniffers, and wireless analyzers.
- 2 or more years of experience in networking enterprise class switches, routers and firewalls.
- 1 or more years of experience installing audio/video components and troubleshooting audio/video quality issues.
- 3 or more years managing storage systems including SAN, data replication, and backup methodologies.
- 5 or more years of experience working with highly available architectures in a large, geographically diverse environment.
- 2 or more years at the engineer level in Windows and Unix/Linux environments.
- Cisco CCNA (Switching and Routing), preferred
- One or more of the following certifications: MCSA/MCSE, MCITP:SA/EA, VCA/VCE, RHCSA.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- In-depth understanding of Cisco Networking hardware and IOS.
- In-depth understanding of Facility wiring design and implementation.
- General knowledge of cloud platforms including Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, and others.
- Advanced understanding of server virtualization technologies including 3-tier and Hyper converged.
- Intermediate understanding of firewalls and load balances (Cisco, Palo Alto, F5, Barracuda)
- Deep understanding of backup tools and disaster recovery concepts including Disk to Disk, Tape, and Cloud.
- Experience with spam filtering and email archiving. (Barracuda, Symantec)
- In-depth troubleshooting skills in multiple IT disciplines. (Network, Server, Database, Security, etc.)
732 607 4245