GCR Inc. (GCR) is a leading software development company that serves public sector clients through aviation, government, energy technologies, real estate, community planning, and recovery services. For over 20 years, PCC, a GCR Company, has developed and implemented solutions in the areas of business services, voter registration, election administration, and ethics and disclosure for state and local governments. We help our customers provide enhanced services to their constituents. Our software tools increase an agency's productivity, improve the quality of information received, and eliminate barriers for constituents that may be present in legacy systems.
PCC's custom application development projects contribute to some of our company's most successful and robust implementations. PCC can support application development efforts on multiple technology platforms, based on the needs of our customers. We are a full-service technology company, and our team includes project managers, business analyst, user experience designers, technical architects, application developers, security consultants, data migration experts, trainers, and testers. We are able to effectively evaluate project requirements to determine accurate scope, time, and cost estimate for customer solution opportunities. Position: Infrastructure Engineer General Responsibilities
Required Skills and Experience
- Responsible to support the Azure, AWS Cloud infrastructure and on-perm data centers
- Provision applications (production, test, and development) in AWS, Azure & on-prem environments
- Administration of user accounts, permissions, and access rights in Active Directory
- Create and update technical documentation, including network diagrams, IP spreadsheets, configuration/build guides, etc.
- Troubleshoot issues across the stack (hardware, network, firewall, applications, database, storage) and provide "ownership" of problems thru final resolution.
- Responsible for PowerShell scripting and task scheduler work
- Responsible to maintain detailed time tracking / daily time entry within Autotask
- Monitor and ensure effectiveness of servers, including web, database and backup servers, and their associated MS operating systems and software.
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems.
- Test network performance and provide performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining network infrastructure.
- Test server performance and provide performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining server infrastructure.
- Available anytime in case of security incidents or system outages
- Proficiency in multiple security technologies, including: Firewalls, IDS/IPS, DLP, Proxy, Endpoint, SIEM, and general networking background
- Establish and maintain regular written and verbal communications with the organization's executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent infrastructure activities.
- 2+ years of experience with the AWS & Azure Cloud infrastructure and associated tools and applications.
- 2+ years of experience managing and configuring infrastructure, databases, firewalls and general network knowledge.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in troubleshooting cloud and windows server infrastructure.
- 2+ years of experience with configuration of databases SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS and Oracle
- 2+ years of experience with monitoring infrastructure servers and networking.
- Strong skills of PowerShell scripting, provisioning automation, Hyper-V virtualization
- Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards, including Active Directory, Group Policies, Core Switching/Routing, SSL/IPSec, SAN, Virtualization, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery.
- Experience in security integrations of Single Sign On (SSO) and Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) by leveraging providers is a plus
- Design and implementation experience of short- and long-term architecture to make certain infrastructure capacity meets existing and future sizing requirements is a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding infrastructure architecture diagraming
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field
GCR Inc. offers our employees a competitive compensation package. Among the benefits are paid time off, paid holidays, company matching 401(k), health and dental plans, company paid short term disability and life insurance.
GCR Inc.'s corporate headquarters are in New Orleans, Louisiana with additional offices in Covington, LA., Baton Rouge, LA, Windsor, CT and Indianapolis, IN. GCR Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GCR Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. GCR Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of GCR Inc.'s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.