Business Group Highlights Defense
The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to improve the Nation's defense by providing software, systems engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management solutions. ResponsibilitiesPerspecta's has an opportunity for an experienced Systems Integration & Testing EngineerThe position is located in Annapolis Junction, MD. Remote location maybe considered. This position requires an active/current fully adjudicated DoD Secret clearance
o develop, modify, test, release/deploy and maintain simple database objectso maintain database security and audit trailso assist with execution or testing of database recoveryo monitor databaseso assist with DBMS SW patching or upgradeso Must have the ability to work in a team environment while fostering collaborative relationships among multiple vendors, scrum teams and client product owners.
- Using a holistic approach, designs, develops, evaluates and modifies end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle.
- Generates quantifiable requirements based on customer description, system planning and design, and acquisition logistics.
- Ensures requirements comply with client requirements and government standards through formal verification methods.
- Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with other engineering disciplines to develop lower level detailed implementation requirements.
- Establishes and coordinates development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development.
- Designs interfaces and brings system elements together so they work as a whole.
- Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures.
- Customer liaison and support for business development activities and to understand and shape requirements.
- Participates in system conceptual design and documentation of the design concepts.
- Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with multi-discipline engineering teams to develop lower level detailed requirements.
- Participates in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements through compliance verification and validation.
- Generates system level requirements verification procedures and customer acceptance test procedures.
- Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they meet the objectives of the contractual requirements and participates in the testing process to validate requirements.
- Work collaboratively among cross-functional teams, supporting the Release Train Engineer, Chief Enterprise Architect and Senior Leadership.
- Participates as a member of a Data Engineering Team supporting one or more Agile application teams.
- Works collaboratively with the Application and Infrastructure teams, including architects, developers and testers, to ensure project success.
- Participates in database development and maintenance activities including:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information
- Requires 5 to 8 years with BS/BA or 3 to 5 years with MS/MA or 0 to 2 years with PhD.
- Working knowledge of Agile Methodologies, Kanban Framework, and Waterfall.
- Experience in Test Automation to support CI/CD process; Cloud Computing, Red Hat, Process Integration.
- Experience in some or all of the following tools: GitLab, GitHub, Jira, Confluence, Artifactory, Jenkins, Zephyr, Docker, Amazon Web Service, MS Office applications, or others.
- Position will require knowledge of process improvement techniques including Requirements Management, CMM, Test Automation, Process Integration, to name a few, and the ability to work collaborative across the various Agile Release Trains (ARTs).
Colorado Salary Minimum: $67,017.60
Colorado Salary Maximum:$143,291.20
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Perspecta's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Perspecta provides a variety of benefits to employees. About PerspectaWhat matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.Perspecta is anAA/EEOEmployer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provisionPay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).