Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more.
For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the US Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service. Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today's contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
SlingTV is seeking a highly motivated leader to manage its Infrastructure team. This individual must be able to provide vision and direction while motivating team members to obtain results.Responsibilities:
- Provide vision and direction for the team.
- Define and document policies and procedures to accomplish objectives of the team.
- Set priorities of projects being driven by the team.
- Manage resources for given projects.
- Provide updates to company as to the status of product releases.
Work closely with the Product Management, Software Development, Quality Assurance and Operations teams starting with the Design Phase through Product Release to assure infrastructure can support products as they are introduced into the service.
Maintain primary ownership for the following areas of the service including design, documentation, redundancy, failover, monitoring, capacity planning and budgetary considerations in coordination with consumers of the following services.
- Data center space (rack space, racks, power, cooling, wiring, etc.)
- Compute hardware
- Network equipment
- Internet connectivity
- AWS security and network connectivity oversight
- Function as a 24x7 point of escalation during service impacting incidents.
- 7+ years related experience including 3+ years management experience.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher preferred (CS, Information Technology or other technical area)
- Ability to organize projects and resources to achieve results in a timely manner.
- Ability to interpret functional specifications, release notes, and create requirements documentation.
- Strong logical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experience producing technical, policy or process documentation.
- Self-motivated with good decision-making abilities.
Compensation: $114,885.00/Yr. - $181,930.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.