Please note that this is a 6 months contract position.
Location: Remote position. However, candidates must reside in any of these metro states California, WA, OR, VA, DC, TX, IL, MS, and NY. Please indicate the City and State on your resume.
This is a remote role with 10% travel.
The client is looking for an Infrastructure Program Manager to work with Network Development, Site Operations, and Network Engineering Teams to roll out Subspace global infrastructure. In this role, you’ll be responsible for the development and implementation of functional workflow and visibility measurements for consistent and effective management of our infrastructure. This is a role that requires a deep technical understanding of data center infrastructure, physical networking, and experience with data analysis and project management.
What you’ll be doing:
• Drive operational excellence in everything you do. This includes creating processes, procedures, and working knowledge of automation to improve efficiency in our day-to-day tasks and projects
• Work with our resources, service providers, and partners to build and support our physical infrastructure focused on EMEA, APAC, and the Americas
• Assist with the definition, documentation, and implementation of consistent processes across all regions
• Develop and organize reports to track scope, schedule, issues/risks, and overall status to communicate with stakeholders and senior leadership
What you bring to the table:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
• 5+ years of demonstrated success building and leading infrastructure teams
• Performance engineering, capacity planning, and forecasting background
• Leading development life cycle processes and best practices, esp. in the areas of automation, data center and monitoring
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work well with teams across the organization, including engineering, network development, live operations, and senior leadership.
• Ability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision and keep up with a fast-moving environment via effective prioritization and time management.
• CCNA or CCNP would be of large benefit
Must have skills:
• Must have experience in Atlassian Management software
• Deep technical understanding of data center infrastructure, physical networking
• experience with data analysis and project management
• experience in configuring, troubleshooting, and commissioning EDGE service type equipment within a DC (Arista, Brocade, Juniper, Cisco, etc. type of equipment)
Applicants must provide their phone number. Reference job number A479.