Manages, directs, and plans complex project(s) consisting of one or more project teams. Responsible for coordinating, scheduling, and assigning project tasks, team building and leadership, and developing and maintaining positive working relationships with clients in functional areas outside of IT as well as external customers. Applies project development methodologies and reporting techniques to indicate project status.
- Proficient in managing IBM iSeries (AS/400) and IBM zSeries (Mainframe) related projects - including knowledge of associated programming languages utilized within each platform. Experience should also include experience with migrating from IBM zSeries (Mainframe) to IBM iSeries (AS/400)
- Demonstrated experience with projects that involve IT infrastructure practices, terms and concepts. This includes:
- Network architecture
- Server management and storage
- Computer operations
- Data partitioning
- Data center operations and build out
- Data backup and restoration
- Proficient in managing one or more large high profile projects for
- Staff located in multiple office locations
- More than one organization
- Familiarity with different system development methodologies – including Agile and traditional/waterfall. This includes experience in the following critical project related activities and deliverables:
- Project Charter, plan formulation, resource scheduling, budget management, requirement solicitation, evaluating impacts to security, troubleshooting/problem resolution, milestone and status reporting, creation of supporting documentation, test plan and case execution, training coordination, deployment, and post implementation support
- Working knowledge of information security and compliance frameworks – preferably National Institute Standards and Technology (NIST) 800-53 security guidance and Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)
- High level proficiency with project management related tools – including MS Office, Change Gear, Team Foundation Server (TFS), SharePoint (including workflow automation), web and video conferencing
- Communication skills that includes effectiveness with the following:
- Organizing and leading large team meetings
- Facilitating group summit meetings and deep dive discussions
- Providing status updates to senior and executive level leadership
- Leadership ability to manage large teams with diverse skill sets
- Intuitive ability to identify and act upon risks, roadblocks, and cultural differences across team and organizations
- Persistence to lead project and team through many different project phases
- Self-managed – ability to define and manage scope, risk, plans, and deliverables with minimal supervision
- Bachelor's degree in Information Science or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PMI certification preferred.
Experience in leading teams of developers, analysts, architects and engineers preferably in a matrix organization. Expert level experience working with data in Excel, and MS Project.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Ability to manage projects from inception to successful post-implementation.
- Demonstrated competency in developing effective solutions to successfully resolve diverse and complex business problems.
- Strong analytical, communications, technical teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient in SharePoint and preferably experience with TFS, MS CRM, Access, or other database utilities and other Microsoft technologies.
NO THIRD PARTIES, NO SUB-CONTRACTORS, NO CORP to CORP
Data Resource Technologies Inc. is an Information Technology Staffing Firm serving the markets of the United States of America; the greatest country in the world. We work with Direct Clients Only and do not participate in multi layer contracts. Earn The Most Possible and put over 60 years of Information Technology Industry experience to work for you today, Call or Apply NOW!!!