Title: Infrastructure Project Manager
Description: STG is a SEI CMMi Level 5 company with several Fortune 500 and State Government clients. STG has an opening for Infrastructure Project Manager. Please note that this project assignment is with our own direct clients. We do not go through any vendors. STG only does business with direct end-clients. This is expected to be a long-term position. STG will provide immigration and permanent residency sponsorship assistance to those candidates who need it.
The Infrastructure Project Manager (PM) is responsible for delivering high quality projects on time, within budget and in accordance with application and technology guidelines. This role will be assigned to manage multiple simultaneous strategic, cross functional projects that are complex and occasionally multi-year. The PM will be responsible for assuring that the PMI best practices and tools are being leveraged for all infrastructure projects. The PM’s focus is on meeting project commitments, including communication with sponsors and stakeholders, and is responsible for delivering all PM assets throughout the project lifecycle (intake to close). The PM leads activities with technical, financial and business resources, demonstrating the ability to influence outcomes. Successful PM’s have the ability to adapt quickly, solve problems and demonstrate a high level of professionalism.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Facilitate status, planning, and issue resolution meetings with team members, ICT representatives and third-party suppliers to ensure project tracking, communication and issues are followed up in a timely manner.
- Draft and get approval for project schedule, scope and plan.
- Create and maintain project work plans using MS Project.
- Maintain issues, risk and change logs, managing risk and issues to closure.
- Create Status reports and project communication as needed.
- Create and maintain Executive Steering Committee communication
- Create and publish meeting minutes
- Be responsible for multiple projects of various sizes
- Drive the successful delivery of projects.
- Lead the development of Infrastructure owned business cases as needed.
- Proactively and effectively manage project risk using risk management techniques.
- Adhere to the project management methodology as mandated by FCA, while providing guidance on industry best practices, tools and process improvements
- Effectively resolve conflicts.
- Project control to mitigate scope, budget, schedule variance
- Be highly focused on business success
- Lead the RFQ/RFP/RFI process for projects, engaging Contract Management, Finance, Purchasing and Vendor Management as applicable
- Hold resources accountable for deliverables, quality, and due dates, escalating as appropriate and necessary
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
- 5+ years of formal technical project management experience managing large-scale, cross-functional, infrastructure focused projects
- 2+ years of formal project management experience in Project Management Methodologies and associate technologies
- Strong knowledge of IT Infrastructure components and how they interrelate to form a cohesive, end to end solution
- Ability to deliver complex assignments in a fast paced, intense environment with minimal supervision
- Demonstrates initiative to explore new technology, processes and methods
- Core competencies in risk management, financial tracking, tracking dependencies and milestones, negotiating, business stakeholder engagement, disciplined change management processes and leadership
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills with an ability to interact with all levels of the organization in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner
- Strong knowledge of software development processes and life cycles
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to lead by example, mentor new project managers and/or contractors on established processes
- A consultative team player that can assess conflicting view points and opinions but has an ability to rationally assess alternatives and clearly articulate recommendations to management
- Bachelors of Science in Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent from an accredited college/university
- Exposure to ServiceNow
- PMP/PMI certification
- Exposure to IT portfolio planning, reporting, prioritization, governance and budget.
Resume Submittal Instructions: Interested/qualified candidates should email their word formatted resumes to Vasavi Konda at vasavi.konda(@)stgit.com or contact at 248.712.6725. In the subject line of the email please include: First and Last Name – Infrastructure Project Manager.
Corporate Overview of STG: Established in 1985, Systems Technology Group (STG) is a fast-growing IT and Engineering consulting and systems integration services firm. STG is proud that clients like Ford Motor Company, American Axle, Sears Corporation, Chrysler, LLC, Mercedes Benz, United Health, General Motors, State of Texas, State of Michigan, State of Minnesota, State of Georgia, and others trust their IT services needs to STG. STG has offices in North America, Europe and India to service our client’s global IT and Engineering needs.
Vasavi Konda|Recruiting Specialist
“Opportunities don't happen, you create them.”
Systems Technology Group (STG)
3001 W. Big Beaver Road, Suite 500
Troy, Michigan 48084