Clare Computer Solutions, a Network Services, System integration and Managed Services company located in San Ramon since 1990, is growing and is seeking to expand its staff of Senior Infrastructure Field Service Engineers. We are a Gold certified reseller for Microsoft, a Citrix Silver partner and a Premier reseller for Cisco.
We're looking for a multi-talented and dynamic Senior Level Field Engineer with product knowledge and industry experience. The successful candidate will possess up-to-date industry skills and credentials (see Minimum Qualifications below) and display a high degree of professionalism. Please see the descriptions below.
Since this is a customer-facing position the candidate must maintain a professional appearance, be able to clearly and effectively communicate and have outstanding customer service skills.
- 5 years or more Hands On Experience.
- Certifications: (Any of the following)
- Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT),Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA).
- Cisco and HP managed and unmanaged switches.
- Cisco 880, 890, 1800, 1900, 2800, and 2900 Series Routers
- Cisco PIX/ASA Firewall: 500 series, 5500, 5510, 5520 Series
- Cisco Wireless Access Points: 1100, 1200 and 1700 series.
- Cisco 2500 or 5500 Series Wireless LAN Controller
- Sonicwall TZ family routers and access points
- Ubiquiti Wireless access point and wireless controller
- Microsoft Internet Authentication Services (IAS) , Microsoft Network Policy Services (NPS)
- RADIUS Servers (Windows 2008R2 Internet Authentication Service, Windows 2012 Network Policy Server)
- NetFlow Analyzer, Protocol Analyzer
- Cisco EasyVPN Client and SSL VPN
Job Responsibilities and Overview:
- Design, install and support LAN/WAN and Wireless infrastructure
- Install, configure and maintain Cisco routers and firewalls.
- Installation and configuration of managed switches
- Install & maintain Cisco wireless controllers and AP s.
- Install, configure and maintain Sonicwall firewalls.
- Install, configure and support site to site and client to site SSL VPN.
- Ability to setup VLAN and port trunking on switching devices
- Familiar with T1, MPLS, Hybrid voice and data circuits.
- Perform communication line cut overs.
- In depth knowledge of DNS, routing protocols, security best practices.
- Troubleshoot routing and performance problems on LAN, WAN and carrier.
- Familiar with Troubleshooting tools such as network sniffers and netflow tools.
- 3-4 years experience in routing, switching and wireless.
- Policy based routing
- Access Control lists
- Network Address Translation
- Virtual Private Networks ( IPSEC, DMVPN, SSLVPN)
- IPv4, IPv6
- Intra VLAN routing
- Dynamic routing protocols ( RIP, OSPF, BGP)
- Ability to troubleshoot network infrastructure problems.
- Ability to work with our Sales Consultants to provide Technical Sales support.
- Document work performed using ConnectWise CRM.
- Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team and must be self-motivated.
- Proven ability to mentor staff and interact positively with clients and management at all levels.
- Must have a valid CA. driver license and reliable transportation.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Have basic hand tools to work on computer systems
- Excellent customer & communication skills, rapid response, and decision-making capabilities are required.
Benefits and Compensation:
Paid Vacation, holiday pay, and PTO
Salary will be commensurate with experience & performance
Equal opportunity employer.