Description Job Description:
Leidos Government Health & Safety Solutions Operations is seeking a talented Infrastructure Solutions Architect, to drive the technical solutions for the HHS Programs in Bethesda, MD.
The Infrastructure Solutions Architect will lead and drive the modernization of IT infrastructure platforms and processes; oversee the technical support for network systems and devices required to provide secure and always-on infrastructure services, accessed by researchers to customer-sponsored data hosted in the cloud, and secure access to the Department of Health and Human Resources (HHS) various grants management systems. The Architect will also collaborate with Operations, Security, Networking, Infrastructure, and Application Development teams on solution design, hands-on implementation, and process automation. The ideal candidate will have led through a modernization in the past and served as a key technical resource through the lifecycle beyond just planning and conception.
Additionally, the Architect will serve as a technical leader in the development, implementation, maintenance, and ever greening of processes, procedures, and technical controls and enhancements required to maintain an Authority to Operate (ATO) for a General Support System (GSS) with a Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 199 Security Categorization of High. The Architect will oversee the delivery of cybersecurity project management, continuous diagnostics and mitigation, threat mitigation and incident response, security architecture support, critical infrastructure protection, patch management, vulnerability management, risk management, information assurance, penetration testing, cybersecurity services, and Security Assessment and Authorization (SA&A) documentation. The ideal candidate will have experience establishing practices that support the customer Identity and Access Management Services in Planning capacity and investment as well as service delivery elements. Additional duties include:
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Develop, deploy and manage the introduction of new capabilities, and the enhancement or troubleshooting of existing capabilities, providing technical council as needed
- Leverage experience and industry best practices to design and implement solutions
- Develop, lead and participate in the build and implementation per detailed designs, executive briefings, data flow diagrams, and other supporting design and development documentation.
- Communicate and work collaboratively with internal and client team members across the program, and as needed, present task status, provide technical council, and/or alternative designs, solutions, and or processes to leadership.
- Conduct Enterprise Architecture (EA) reviews to identify and recommend actions to eliminate gaps, duplication or incompatibilities among business functions, programs, and/or tools and technologies
- Identify business requirements that affect the EA and provide technical infrastructure solutions that integrate into the overall architectural vision and strategy.
- Guide the research, design, and implementation of prototypes and pilots for machine learning, artificial intelligence solutions for customer systems and applications based on business needs
- Guide efforts on the design and development of reports, dashboards, and predictive analytics based on the enterprise business needs
- Support proposal response efforts; act as proposal section lead, support solution design efforts for current as well as new business opportunities.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, engineering, or other relevant field.
- Strong technical writing experience, to include development of winning proposal solutions and leading technical section approaches
- A minimum of 15+ years of industry experience in the areas of infrastructure engineering with proven work experience with Amazon AWS and/or Microsoft Azure as a Solution Architect with a focus on building and leveraging open source and native cloud services.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience leading technical teams/individuals with direct management responsibility.
- Established knowledge and experience with networking including domain controllers, active directory, and other core infrastructure essentials to include security.
- Understanding of network architect designing and managing LAN, WAN, VPN, Wireless networks and VoIP networks
- Proven experience leading Enterprise Architecture and Governance
- Proven experience implementing, and managing infrastructure with COOP
- Experience supporting Datacenters and Hosting and Cloud Infrastructure Services
- Experience with problem/incident management.
- Experience with Identity and Access Management and Domain Name Services
- Experience with Infrastructure and Architectural Assessment
- Experience with Data Architecture & Data Analytics
- Experience working with container technologies such as Docker, OpenShift and Jaeger
- Experience performing Business process re-engineering analyzing existing processes, understanding the pain points, identifying opportunities for improvements including automation, working with stakeholders and implementing new solutions to meet requirements.
- In-depth experience supporting new business efforts including solution designs, proposal efforts, customer demos and oral presentations.
- CI/CD pipeline implementation and usage - leveraging tools such as Jenkins, Ansible Tower, Veracode, CAST, and test automation tools (IBM RFT, Selenium, etc.).
- Version control and SECDEVOP repository system implementation and usage - specifically Subversion, Git, and Nexus.
- Implementation experience with:
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) architecture design, deployment, migration, and sustainment
- AWS/Azure (e.g.: SECDEVOPS engineer experience, service management , container to cluster migration)
- Linux (RHEL or Debian/Ubuntu)
- Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Scripting in the form of BASH/shell, Python, or Golang (Go)
- HashiCorp (Packer, Terraform, Consul, Vault)
Position requires ship or US Permanent Residency Status and the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate or Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert are highly desired.
- Hands-on experience with the HHS (and/or associated OpDiv) technical environments, to include ongoing engagement with senior technical clients and decision makers
- Experience supporting Trusted Internet Connection (TIC)
- Experience managing multiple Internet Service Providers
- Electronic Records Management
- Enterprise Project Life Cycle
- Implementation Experience with:
- Cisco technologies
- Palo Alto
- Science Logic
- Active Directory
- Large scale infrastructure design and implementation project experience
- Cybersecurity implementations, including Identity and access management
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)
- The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF)
- Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence (EACOE)
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
hhsnihExternal Referral Bonus:
EligiblePotential for Telework:
Yes, 50%Clearance Level Required:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Systems EngineeringPay Range: