Infrastructure Systems Engineer I
Dulles, VA OR Los Angeles, CA
12 Months plus possible extensions or perm
Drive evolving design and architecture of our provisioning and automation tools
Working with management, provide guidance for the systems operations technical initiatives with clear outcomes
Perform planning, configuration, deployment and maintenance work associated with our production environments, supporting tens of thousands of Linux servers globally
Quickly and efficiently troubleshoot issues in order to provide an outstanding support for customers; determine root cause and implement permanent resolutions for more intricate issues
Identify areas for process and efficiency improvement within Systems Operations; recommend solutions and assist in overseeing implementation using established best practices
Provide technical leadership, train, and mentor team of systems administrators
Develop procedures and tooling that capture domain knowledge
Evaluate new software / hardware, and develop scalable infrastructure solutions
Participate in an on-call rotation with a growing team systems administrators and engineers in a 24x7 worldwide presence.
- 2+ years’ experience in a role within a senior engineer capacity
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Linux / Unix systems administration, provisioning, configuration, monitoring (Nagios, Zenoss, SNMP, etc) and troubleshooting.
- 2 years of Software development experience and proficiency in well-known language: Python, C, Go, Perl
- Excellent understanding of current methodologies in high performance operations and large-scale implementations.
- Deep understanding of the Linux OS, internals, kernel & filesystems tuning, protocols and services (such as PXE, DNS, HTTP, NFS, CIFS, FUSE) and troubleshooting utilities (strace, sar, vmstat, mpstat, tcpdump).
- Extensive experience in shell/bash scripting and configuration management and orchestration tools (Salt, Puppet, Chef, FAI, Kickstart)
- Expertise in advanced networking subjects (TCP/IP, BGP, VLAN, Bonding/Trunking, switches, routers & firewalls).
- Working knowledge of virtualization technology (KVM, Xen, ESXi, OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes) and Dell hardware (DRACs, Livecycle Controllers, BIOS, RAID controllers)
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills. Excellent reporting both upwards and across teams.
- Excellent decision-making, team organization and administration. Ability to assess requirements and make recommendations for resources assignments.
- Excellent ability to direct a team, attract, retain, motivate, coach and develop team member’s for high performance. Ensure the team is trained and leads continued skills development initiatives.
No Sub-Contract, Third Parties or Corp to Corp arrangements! W2 only!
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship will be considered. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Send resume to Jobs@staffinghq.com
Follow us on LinkedIn for job updates. https://www.linkedin.com/company/staffing-headquarters