Secret Cleared Infrastructure Systems Engineering opportunity now available in Rosslyn, Va!
Work you'll do
In this highly visible role, our selected Infrastructure Systems Engineer can expect to do the following:
• Supervise, coordinate and/or perform additions and changes to network hardware and operating systems, and attached devices; including investigation, analysis, recommendation, configuration, installation, and testing of new network hardware and software.
• Troubleshoot at the physical level of the network, working with network measurement hardware and software, as well as physical checking and testing of hardware devices at the logical level working with communication protocols.
• Participate in planning design, technical review and implementation for new network infrastructure hardware and network operating systems for voice and data communication networks. Diagnose and resolve complex communication problems.
• Supporting deployment to the next wave of our Client's Military Treatment Facilities (MTFs) on behalf of the Customer's System Engineering.
o Travel to these facilities to brief CIOs on deployment process from an IT perspective, identify and track network/connectivity related risks/issues, build relationships with critical stakeholders, and program manage the connection lifecycle to the Client's Data Center.
• Serve as a key "Go-To" engineer to the Client's Chief Engineer.
o Facilitate discussions with external stakeholder groups, develop and manage Briefing of Records (BoR), and correlate network solutions to user functionality.
• Core networking understanding, including Ports, Protocols and Services (PPS), TCP/IP, DNS, Networking hardware like firewalls, monitoring tools and routers, HTTP/HTTPs, and subnets.
• Prior Systems Engineering experience
• Strong communication skills, experience with executive client interaction, and operating in a fragmented contractor environment
• Strong storyboarding, framing, technical translation, and presentation development
• Familiarity with The 7 Layers of the OSI Model
• ACTIVE Secret Clearance is a must
• Working and/or Advanced Knowledge of DoD and/or NIST 800 series Cyber Security
• Familiarity with best practices such as ISO, CMMI, Lean Six Sigma and Agile Scrum
• Experience with Enterprise Management System(s) capabilities such as MS Active Directory, Citrix, and VMWare
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
• Experience using Remedy and IBM Jazz
U.S. Citizenship is required, as is an active Secret Security Clearance
Our Systems Engineering team delivers large-scale software applications and integrated systems, and assists clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. We develop service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems, and we deliver technology enablement to support CIO services transformation.
Systems Engineering professionals focus on key client issues that impact the core business by maximizing operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation. Our teams deliver a wide range of services, including application architecture design and optimization, application modernization, business process management and solution integration, custom application design and development, and large-scale technology delivery program efforts.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.