IT Infrastructure Team Lead with strong networking background is sought for a unique employment opportunity in Chicago’s west suburbs (Oak Brook, IL). Are you ready to advance your career? Read on to learn how.
Our client is a privately-owned, award-winning company in Oak Brook, IL. They have an immediate opening for a smart and successful Infrastructure Team Lead. The Team Lead will be the go-to person for the four people IT infrastructure team. Your strong networking background is desired to help architect and design the network of the future. Three reasons why this position is unique-
- An opportunity to work with a variety of technologies and broaden your skills. As Infrastructure Team Lead you will guide the technical team for network, cloud, server, data communications and information security initiatives.
- Grow your cloud expertise. Our client currently uses Microsoft Azure. Plans call for further expansion to Azure. You will bolster your expertise of cloud technologies and enhance your career portfolio.
- Seeking more work-life balance in your career? You will find it here. Working for a private, successful, employee-centric company is fun and different. You will see how your work directly contributes to the success of the company. Enjoy a casual workplace environment at a fast-paced organization.
This is a role with many opportunities to contribute and learn. Some of your tasks will include:
- Perform Technical Team Lead duties for a team of four IT infrastructure professionals
- Hands-on architecture and design for multi-data center and office operations, WAN/LAN engineering, virtualization, network attached storage (NAS), network security, virtualization and Windows environment
- Architect, design, deploy and maintain a network environment
- Troubleshoot LAN and WAN network infrastructure including TCP/IP protocol, Ethernet, Cisco switches, routers and gateways
- Manage cloud data center operations
- Design and implement information security policies and procedures
- Collaborate with the development team to resolve issues
- Perform incident triage, analysis, response and remediation for network issues
- Develop long term strategies and influence leadership decisions
- Lead and manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment
We are working directly with the IT Director to fill this important position swiftly. There will be no HR or VMS hurdles to slow things down, so do not delay.
If you are intrigued by this unusual opportunity and have the credentials listed below, we want to talk to you. Click the Apply Now button and provide a Word version of your resume. All qualified candidates will be receive a response and have the opportunity for a confidential discussion to learn more.
- Network architecture and design experience- WAN/LAN, TCP/IP protocols, Ethernet, VPN, network security, NAS
- Strong Cisco experience- switches, routers, gateways, security
- Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud experience
- Information security, firewalls
- Virtualization- VMware or Hyper V
- Windows Server
- A dedication to outstanding customer service
- Excellent communication skills (listening, speaking, writing)
- U.S. citizens and all other parties authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply
- Team Lead experience
- Certifications- Cisco, Microsoft, AWS
Please reference job order #17653 when applying for this position.