Who we are:
The Association of American Medical Colleges is a not-for-profit association dedicated to transforming health care by supporting the entire spectrum of medical education, medical research, and patient care conducted by our member institutions. We are dedicated to the communities we serve and steadfast in our goal to improve the health of all. The AAMC strives to make a positive impact not only in your career, but in your life. We offer a comprehensive benefits package which features:
Significant employer 403(b) contribution
Public transportation subsidy
Generous paid time off program
Wellness program that includes: discounted gym membership, onsite yoga and sponsored sports teams
How will you make an impact?
* Provides subject matter expert level advice to assist management in aligning operational support with Enterprise roadmap, including coordination of software, hardware, code and firmware updates to enterprise systems
* Provides recommendations and operational requirements for network and enterprise components.
* Ensures a high performance, responsive and client-focused team
* Fosters an environment of collaboration, inclusiveness and diversity through leadership, communications, and demonstrated behaviors
* Facilitates a culture of continuous improvement and collaborates effectively within and across IT and business teams
* Contributes to the hiring, mentoring, performance management and retention of staff
* Recommends and schedules technical staff assignments to complete support and project tasks, and verifies quality of the overall work products
* Serves as backup for Infrastructure Services Manager as needed
* Monitors, identifies and analyzes problems with network and core services, middleware and operating systems; delivers timely resolution and document troubleshooting procedures in order to mitigate impact of issues and improve infrastructure performance
* Performs incident response tasks and services restoration
* Provides on-call support as needed
* Performs a variety of Network Administrative activities to successfully complete a range of service requests including, but not limited to, war room support, technical support to other groups
* Applies system patches, security patches and third party updates in order to maintain systems at a high level of performance, availability and security
* Closes service requests in timely manner.
What you-ll bring to the role:
* Bachelor-s Degree
* 8 Years of Related Work Experience
* Cisco (CCNA), F5 BIG-IP (F5-CA) required
* Experience with F5 Load Balancers, Cisco ASA Firewalls, Cisco UCS/Datacenter
* Red Hat (RHCP), Microsoft (MCSA), ITIL Foundation, Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred
* Experience with VmWare, Cisco ACS, Storage Networking, Cisco Aurba/WIFI, AWS, Azure, DevOps and/or Agile are desireable
If a bachelor-s degree is required, related work experience may be substituted in some positions. One year of college course work at an accredited institution is equivalent to one year of related work experience.
The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative-- Action Employer. The AAMC is committed to the policy of an equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other personnel practices. The AAMC will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, past or current military service, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Please attach a resume as part of the application process. It is important that files DO NOT include periods ( . ) within the file name.
BROWSER REQUIREMENTS: Applications must be submitted using Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer v.10 or higher.