Traveling Installation Engineer Opening!
Apex Systems combines with parent company On Assignment to make it the 2nd largest IT staffing agency in the country.
Apex has an opportunity for a Installation Engineer
role with an extensive travel requirement.
This is a PERMANENT
position and the pay rate is flexible depending on experience. Here are the details:
For applicants who are interested in this Installation Engineer
opportunity; please send a Word resume to Rachel Buzzotta, Professional Recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org Position:
Installation Engineer Apex Job ID:
85% travel to different site locations in the US Rate:
Negotiable based on experience Duration:
PERM Position Description:
Required Skills: 2-3 years of Electrical Engineering experience, hands on not sitting at a desk Able to work/communicate with engineers and laborers Able to read engineering schematics/drawings Able to travel for extended periods of time Desired Skills (not required but candidate will have exposure to these skills in this role): Construction or Project Engineer BG Additional Benefits:
- Train contractors on proper installation methodologies.
- Provide technical guidance and oversight to 3rd party installation contractors.
- Guide installation contractors in the proper interpretation of system documentation.
- Lead the technical "Request for Information" process by documenting and delivering answers to technical questions during the installation.
- Anticipate and resolve field issues to mitigate the potential impact on project deliverables.
- Troubleshoot installation & material problems or issues.
- Oversee and approve site deviations, ensure documentation is maintained.
- Validate that equipment is installed per Alert requirements.
- Drive execution of the installation QA/QC plan.
- Participate in building components & subassemblies.
- Participate in performing power and signal testing to confirm that the system is wired properly.
- Participate in the development of field logistics plans.
- Participate in new product/component constructability design reviews and contribute to continuous improvement by suggesting procedural and design changes.
- Analyze new or revised designs to develop and document installation methodologies.
- Identify needs for installation fixtures and work with Manufacturing Engineering on the development of fixtures.
- Participate in Site Engineering design reviews identifying critical parameters required for proper field execution.
- Participate in the Academy thru developing Work Instructions, Training Modules, and acting as a trainer for the certification of 3rd party contractors.
- Travel throughout North America to support site installations and upgrades.
For this opportunity, you will also be eligible for benefits through Apex for the contract period, 401K, medical/health benefits options, a W2 hourly rate, weekly pay, and direct deposit! Perks:
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org