- SAIC has an opening for an (ISD) Instructional Systems Designer/Specialist in Stafford, VA.
- Select candidate will apply the most current instructional systems design trends and approaches to provide course design and development services that result in appropriate learning programs for classroom, online, and blended delivery for our government customer.
- Select candidate will work with Program Office leadership to include designated instructors to conduct workforce needs assessment and make recommendations for training solutions.
- Identify learning objectives and develop courses that progressively build digital acumen competencies and skills from entry through intermediate and advanced levels as required.
- Provide assistance/facilitation to course coordinators/instructors by providing clear instructor guides, conducting assessments of training outcomes during pilots by observing the course, and providing course instruction as applicable.
- Provide formative and summative assessment capabilities to support student feedback process and training program.
- Use custom course reports with course evaluation data to measure course outcomes and facilitate improvements.
- Continually review, update, and improve learning offerings, to ensure the courses stay relevant in light of rapidly evolving technology.
- Collect, analyze, and apply training metrics to enhance the program.
Required Education & Experience:
Associates Degree + 5 or 9+ years of experience Instructional Systems Design, Curriculum Development, Technical Writing or relevant experience in military (preferably USMC) learning and development.
Experience with planning and producing documentation in accordance within required standards, to prepare and write training-related documentation (e.g., Front End Analyses, Job Duty Task Analyses, Training Project Plans) and produce curricular products (e.g., Trainee Guides, Lessons Plans, PowerPoints)
Ability to review COTS source and training material for consistency and accuracy, incorporate COTS source material into formal course material, and develop technical documentation in the absence of COTS source material Experience in analysis, design, and development in instructor-led training, computer-based training, and web-based training
Demonstrated excellence as a technical writer/editor and effective verbal communication.
Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Has authored or contributed to the authoring of a Training Analysis (MTA) and Manpower, Personnel & Training Plans (MPTP).
Requirements for LVC (Live, Virtual and Constructive) learning environments.
Select Candidate will have authored, developed training materials and examinations.
Assessing training and provided recommendations or feedback
Reviewing training materials and examinations and provided recommendations.
Must be able to lead an analysis and provide recommendations to USG PMO.
Knowledge of military wheeled vehicle maintenance processes, policies, culture, operation, and training
Prior experience supporting MARCORSYSCOM/ PEO LS acquisition program
Prior experience in one of the following roles: Formal School Manger IAW MCO 1553.2c, as well as those that administer or manage a Marine Corps Formal School (FS) to include (but not limited to): Academics Officers/Chiefs, Course Chiefs, Chief Instructors, POI Managers, Training Specialist 1712, Instructional Systems Specialist 1750, School Operations Officer/Chief, School Company Commanders, Testing Officers/Chiefs, and School Executive Officers.
Clearance requirements- MUST have current active Secret clearance.
Job Posting Date: 2019-03-20 14:36:16 UTC
Primary Location: STAFFORD, VA 22554 US
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC
. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability