Instructional Systems Designer (Virtual)
The NISC III Training Group (NTG) within the Leidos Civil group is looking for a professional Instructional Systems Designer (ISD) of eLearning and instructor-led training products and services. You will support the organization in the review, evaluation, design/redesign, development, restructuring and/or repackaging of training solutions.
Specific duties for the position include:
- Providing consultation and recommendations to customers on innovative training solutions, as well as on effective and relevant curriculum development and delivery.
- Creating asynchronous and synchronous instruction designed for a distributed learning environment.
- Working with instructors, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), instructional technologists, and multimedia developers to analyze, design, develop, and evaluate distributed learning solutions.
- Creating storyboards, scripts, scenario-based instruction, and other advanced learning strategies to meet the needs of the learners.
- Performing the actual detailed development of course materials or courseware, as well as product testing, and maintenance.
- Bachelor's degree and 2 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with up to 2 years of prior relevant experience. In lieu of a degree 6+ years of experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and excellence in writing, editing, proofreading, and formatting of customer-ready materials.
- Previous experience collecting, compiling, analyzing and synthesizing learner/customer feedback, test data, and program evaluations to determine workforce performance needs, curriculum design/development and learning solutions.
- Ability to demonstrate an application of cognitive science and human factors engineering that apply to training development.
- Experience defining and developing SCORM- and 508-compliant products.
- Experience with multi-media design architecture including Interactivity Levels 2 and 3.
- Previous experience supporting FAA or other Federal Government agencies.
- Ability to manage knowledge sharing environments.
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.